What's new

2011-2012 NBA Season

NKZero

Warrior
I wanted to know how many NBA fans there are around. For those who haven't followed the depressing news recently, we have finally received some exciting news. The lockout is officially over, and the NBA will have a 66 game season that starts on Christmas Day. I'm not sure if the Christmas Day matches will change, but as of the official 82 game schedule, the Lakers were scheduled to face Chicago, and Miami to face Dallas in a re-match of the Finals (I can't remember the others).

Anyways, who are we all supporting for this upcoming season, and who dyou guys think will win?

Unfortunately (and I stress unfortunately), I'm a Raptors fan (please no abuse haha). I'm just hoping either to sneak into the playoffs, or to finish last so we can land a high pick in the 2012 draft.

I'm so excited for the season now and thank God the shitty ass lockout has ended....

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I wanted to know how many NBA fans there are around. For those who haven't followed the depressing news recently, we have finally received some exciting news. The lockout is officially over, and the NBA will have a 66 game season that starts on Christmas Day. I'm not sure if the Christmas Day matches will change, but as of the official 82 game schedule, the Lakers were scheduled to face Chicago, and Miami to face Dallas in a re-match of the Finals (I can't remember the others).

Anyways, who are we all supporting for this upcoming season, and who dyou guys think will win?

Unfortunately (and I stress unfortunately), I'm a Raptors fan (please no abuse haha). I'm just hoping either to sneak into the playoffs, or to finish last so we can land a high pick in the 2012 draft.

I'm so excited for the season now and thank God the shitty ass lockout has ended....
I shed tears of joy when i heard the news, im pumped as hell right now. :D

The dilemma right now is wth is gonna happen with the free agents, how much time will they give teams to sign em and whatnot.

NKZero

Warrior
I think all this will still happen in good time before the season. I'm thinking in the next few weeks, free agents will be signed, preseason games will commence, training camp etc. That's really the only reason the season isn't starting this week. They'll still go thru all the formalities I guess. But yes my son, I'm excited as FUCK! who dyou support?

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Im laker 100% since the day i was conceived lol, and now im happy as fuck that we have Kobe at 100% with all those therapies he had in germany and all the time he had to recover. Im going ahead and saying it right now i have them winning it all this year :D.

Also support the grizzlies, i've been a fan of that team since they sucked way back when, dunno why the fuck i liked that team lol.

As for you being a raptor fan, man the only thing that team needs is to get rid of brian colangelo as GM, that man is stupid as hell. And the team is still kinda screwed with this years first round pick in Valenciunas, the guy wasn't going to play this season either.

Imo they should have traded up to get Kanter, they need to move Bargiani to the PF position, you can't have a Center that's incapable of grabbing rebounds, that's like a PG that doesn't know how to dribble. Kanter was the best C in the draft and could of helped them out immensely. Or at least they should have taken Kemba; Calderon is a good PG but he'd be world class 6th man.

NKZero

Warrior
I love Kobe (aside from the 81 point game :p) and he's my favourite superstar in the NBA. I really hope he returns to top form. As for the Lakers winning, I dunno bro, it certainly won't be easy. It all rides on Kobe and Pau. Your bench is surprisingly disappointing (other than Odom and Brown). Also we'll see how Mike Brown fares with the team. You have a big gap to fill with regards to losing Phil Jackson.

I'll tell ya why u support the Grizzlies. It's because of their sick ass old logo when they were in Vancouver and their first few years in Memphis. Well at least that's why I liked them as well haha.

I agree about Colangelo. He thinks he knows what he's doing but he keeps fucking up with signing overrated soft players to big contracts. Exhibit A: Jose Calderon (9 million a year!). Exhibit B: Bustnani (9/10 mill a year). Exhibit C: Hedo Turkoglu (look where he is now...) I do disagree though with u thinking that we drafted bad. The kid is going to be good. He's not a typical Euro in that he hustles well and rebounds. I don't think we need him this year anyways. It's not like we're trying to contend for a championship or anything. If we suck again (fingers crossed), we hopefully draft SF Harrison Barnes next year and we add Jonas to the team. We should have a line-up of PG Bayless, SG DeRozan, SF Barnes, PF Davis/Bargnani, C Valunciunas. Nice young team for the future.

Anyways I believe the Heat will win it. Miami will have learnt from their mistakes in playing in cruise control when they think they've won a game. They'll sep it up. All they need is more cohesiveness between the big 3 (especially with Bosh who is sorely underrated).