What's new

2 X-rays [Each Character]

Another idea i want to pitch to the community, is the addition of 1 additional new X-ray to pre existing characters, or 2 whole new xrays for pre existing and new characters. Think of it as SSF4 where u can choose which super move u would like to choose when going into battle...these new x-rays can consist of grab moves with armor, projectile based like sektor, or overhead hitting, or low starter x-rays. But i do wonder if this was incorporated into the game, would NRS still be able to keep most x-rays combo viable??, with the exception of x-rays that require a grab, also it would be nice to be able to hidden select which super move u select at the character selection screen, so when u do use that move, it will totally catch ur opponent off guard.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
But what if one character has two X-rays where one is an anti-zoning tool like Reptile's X-ray and the other is an anti-rushdown tool like Cage's X-ray?
The fact that Reptile has X-ray gives some players the cue to not projectile him and Cage's X-ray cues you not to rush him down. If we don't know that characters specific X-ray during a match, that just wouldn't be fair since the two X-rays should have distinct properties in the first place (otherwise there is no point for choosing which X-ray to have during a match). I think that's why SSFIV lets you know your opponents super at hand to know what to watch out for when their revenge meter is full. At the highest level of play, it just doesn't seem fair.

Not knowing the character's X-ray also ruins the baiting metagame.

But what if one character has two X-rays where one is an anti-zoning tool like Reptile's X-ray and the other is an anti-rushdown tool like Cage's X-ray?
The fact that Reptile has X-ray gives some players the cue to not projectile him and Cage's X-ray cues you not to rush him down. If we don't know that characters specific X-ray during a match, that just wouldn't be fair since the two X-rays should have distinct properties in the first place (otherwise there is no point for choosing which X-ray to have during a match). I think that's why SSFIV lets you know your opponents super at hand to know what to watch out for when their revenge meter is full. At the highest level of play, it just doesn't seem fair.

Not knowing the character's X-ray also ruins the baiting metagame.
maybe so, but if thats the case I'm all for letting the selection be seen, hell just having each character with 2 xrays is cool on its own.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
maybe so, but if thats the case I'm all for letting the selection be seen, hell just having each character with 2 xrays is cool on its own.
Oh the idea of having multiple X-rays/supers w/e definitely adds more layers to the gameplay, I'm all for that in the end. More eye candy too.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
I've always believed X-Rays shouldn't scale. It would make the game much more interesting.

I've always believed X-Rays shouldn't scale. It would make the game much more interesting.
nah we need scaling because if we didnt it would add up to ridiculous damage in combos that wouldnt be fair, one combo would kill...if u want a game like that play MVC3 lol

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
nah we need scaling because if we didnt it would add up to ridiculous damage in combos that wouldnt be fair, one combo would kill...if u want a game like that play MVC3 lol
I half-agree. X-Rays would definitely need to be tweaked with this in mind. If the average x-ray did between 28%-32%, it should be relatively balanced. I actually think this would help out a lot of low-tier characters who struggle against high-damage resets from, say, Smoke or Cyrax. If two meters can be considered extra life because of the breaker, then perhaps 3 meters could be considered forfeit life in exchange for damage.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
How about moves that takes 2bars that last for like 3 seconds or have a good effect.
For example
Skarlet would gain 1% health for every dagger hit
Mileena would impale someone
raiden could limit combos to 3 hits....