What's new

Tech 2% EX-Net + Combo

Mr_rAXX

inFamous Member
As we all know Cyrax's enhanced net does 2% damage if you just let the victim break free without punching him in the face.

So I was messing about in training mode and discovered if you hit the dummy just as he starts breaking free of the net, you score the extra 1% damage and still continue your combo. Meaning the standard 48% enhanced net reset becomes 49% and so on. It's a one or two-frame window though so you probably won't be seeing it at tournaments, though it felt pretty good landing it on my buddies a few times(totally made up for the 10 times i dropped it and pissed away 80%+ damage :D)

Apologies for the shaky video(recorded with tablet), made even shakier by Youtube's anti-shake app! :(

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
In practice mode, did you set the computer to auto-block or did you have someone on Controller 2 holding block? If it was the former, then this may not work in real matches.

Mr_rAXX

inFamous Member
Whoa, it's like a ghost town in here! How long have I been gone?

Nice find! Ill give it a good test.
How did it go? TONY-T #belated

Any new info on this? I haven't been able to play MK for a few weeks.
It definitely works, and it's definitely more than my original two-frame window estimate, my success rate is pretty much 50/50 now. And that's mainly because I always go for the jip a couple frames early so if i mess up the timing i still land the reset.

#offtopic Seems a lot of the kommunity have/are "moving on" to Injustice. Shame because i think MK9 is a much better game. The scene here in Lagos is pretty much dead as well...

Anyhoo, great to see a Cyrax player win Evo!

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
This is a great find! I was thinking of learning cyrax. Do you get the same 1% if you end a combo with net?
As far as I can tell the 1% Is always unscaled, however you have to make sure to let the ex net stay long enough to do the damage.

My 2 bar bnb is often times
21~net, 21~exbomb, b2, far bomb, 122~close bomb, net, njp, b2, 21~ex net. Leaving them in this net drains the meter that they just gained, and allows for a million options. Back up a little, and f2 as the net breaks for+11 on block. Or jump over them and start a command grab vortex.

Also, you really should pick up cyrax. You meter management skills from quan will serve you very well.

Mr_rAXX

inFamous Member
As far as I can tell the 1% Is always unscaled, however you have to make sure to let the ex net stay long enough to do the damage.

My 2 bar bnb is often times
21~net, 21~exbomb, b2, far bomb, 122~close bomb, net, njp, b2, 21~ex net. Leaving them in this net drains the meter that they just gained, and allows for a million options. Back up a little, and f2 as the net breaks for+11 on block. Or jump over them and start a command grab vortex.
This has become my exact bnb as well over the last month or so, except i use regular net at the end instead of ex. I figure ex net costs one bar to drain about 85% of one of theirs so I'd rather save. Though i suppose ex would be better in certain situations/MUs.

Why this setup is so good is instead of just ending with djk, d2 or whatever, making them block the f2/jip builds meter for you(instead of them) and does about the same damage if they block the jip 121~ragdoll/saw. And if they don't block it jip 12~net is an easy hit-confirm which basically leads to a double reset against people who are pressing buttons/blocking low/not blocking at all/think they can escape for whatever crazy reason :D

And yea the 1% damage at the end of ex-net never scales...

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I've tried to use that bnb but apparently I suck too much to get this part going : "exbomb, b2, far bomb"

I always get the explosion hit on b2 correctly, but I always backdash while doing farbomb and can't continue the combo. It seems it's a very small window I could do it so I can spit the bomb correctly without backdashing.

In the video you do it so seamlessly Cyrax doesn't even move. Any tips? ^_^

Mr_rAXX

inFamous Member
I've tried to use that bnb but apparently I suck too much to get this part going : "exbomb, b2, far bomb"

I always get the explosion hit on b2 correctly, but I always backdash while doing farbomb and can't continue the combo. It seems it's a very small window I could do it so I can spit the bomb correctly without backdashing.

In the video you do it so seamlessly Cyrax doesn't even move. Any tips? ^_^
Does this mean you're still stuck with mb, 123 cb and vanilla resets? Lol

The key is to "buffer" the back back input of the far bomb into the b2, so you're left with just f4 after b2. You could actually just start mashing back after b2, then do f4 immediately the b2 bomb detonates, works for me!

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Does this mean you're still stuck with mb, 123 cb and vanilla resets? Lol

The key is to "buffer" the back back input of the far bomb into the b2, so you're left with just f4 after b2. You could actually just start mashing back after b2, then do f4 immediately the b2 bomb detonates, works for me!
yeah the first b2 isnt the hard part...its the 2nd one thats a real pain to get down.