What's new

Strategy - Jacqui Briggs 2,1 into 50/50

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
First I want to apologize for all of my previous post of discontent on this site and especially directed towards our dear Jacqui. With the mixture of her sub-par normals, being out poked and out-footsied due to other advancing combo strings, not-so helpful replies, bad netcode and living overseas... Basically all of this has made a very bitter MKX experience thus far for a game I bought the PS4 for. I'm over that now and through all the other character selections (mostly Kotal, Ermac, and Sub) I've come back to Jacqui because I simply realized I cannot enjoy this game without playing the character I truly adore, lol.

Now that I've said that, I'm going to be spending a lot of more time in Training getting her combos and resets down pat. I mainly play Shotgun but I want to main all of her variations.

I want to explore her 2,1, string into the 50/50 options as I have seen IKizzle and Sonic Fox used. Is that truly a frame advantage move into the B3,3 or B2? I sometimes feel the animation reel pushes the opponent to far back to connect the B3,3 option that could follow (except in the corner where I definitely know it works)

Do you think the Kara F3~B4 low option is a good tool {substitute} instead of going for B3,3? I just feel like the startup and reach while mid screen doesn't make it a true 50/50 setup.

Need some insight on this. Thanks everyone.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
First I want to apologize for all of my previous post of discontent on this site and especially directed towards our dear Jacqui. With the mixture of her sub-par normals, being out poked and out-footsied due to other advancing combo strings, not-so helpful replies, bad netcode and living overseas... Basically all of this has made a very bitter MKX experience thus far for a game I bought the PS4 for. I'm over that now and through all the other character selections (mostly Kotal, Ermac, and Sub) I've come back to Jacqui because I simply realized I cannot enjoy this game without playing the character I truly adore, lol.

Now that I've said that, I'm going to be spending a lot of more time in Training getting her combos and resets down pat. I mainly play Shotgun but I want to main all of her variations.

I want to explore her 2,1, string into the 50/50 options as I have seen IKizzle and Sonic Fox used. Is that truly a frame advantage move into the B3,3 or B2? I sometimes feel the animation reel pushes the opponent to far back to connect the B3,3 option that could follow (except in the corner where I definitely know it works)

Do you think the Kara F3~B4 low option is a good tool {substitute} instead of going for B3,3? I just feel like the startup and reach while mid screen doesn't make it a true 50/50 setup.

Need some insight on this. Thanks everyone.
You should use 2 midscreen instead of 21. There is no pushback on 2 so you should always be in range for b33. Use 21 in the corner. If you are midscreen, you can always use 114~low shot to reset them into dust the second time where the next hit will not combo, so you can do her kara cancels from there. So really just dust them twice midscreen, or use 21 in the corner after 1 dust.

B14 and f12 xx ex up rockets then instant run cancel into b33 or b2 Is a true blockstring. Only problem is, randomly the ex up rockets won't function properly. It randomly whiffs on crouch blocking opponents.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
B14 and f12 xx ex up rockets then instant run cancel into b33 or b2 Is a true blockstring. Only problem is, randomly the ex up rockets won't function properly. It randomly whiffs on crouch blocking opponents.
Shhhhh!!! There's a lot more to it than that but I believe we are talking about Shotgun here.

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
You should use 2 midscreen instead of 21. There is no pushback on 2 so you should always be in range for b33. Use 21 in the corner. If you are midscreen, you can always use 114~low shot to reset them into dust the second time where the next hit will not combo, so you can do her kara cancels from there. So really just dust them twice midscreen, or use 21 in the corner after 1 dust.
Good stuff, thanks a lot.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Could you explain this kara cancelling thing to me please? I heard about it in one of the klassic MKs but never looked into it enough to quite understand it.
Run and immediately cancel it with an attack. Boom. Instant range buff lol. I don't think I used the term correctly. :p

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Run and immediately cancel it with an attack. Boom. Instant range buff lol. I don't think I used the term correctly. :p
Oh, that's pretty simple. :DOGE I've literally only saw this term used on the Jacqui forums for some reason. Does this add any extra frame advantage when run cancelling out of a normal or is it purely for range?

cashthesehands

monster masher
Exactly. I'm not sure why in shotgun you'd go for the 2 or 2,1 instead of just using the second dust for the restand. I saw ikizzle doing it in the vids posted the other day, but it seems risky, depending on what your frame advantage is. Once you get into the habit of altering your midscreen bnbs so a second dust is feasible (either reduce the number of hits before your first dust, or always b2~dust or 114~dust as an ender), I don't know why you'd give up a guaranteed reset other than to fuck with your opponent.

However, I will be throwing a 2,1 into the corner game,where all her (shotgun) combos go to shit anyway.

cashthesehands

monster masher
Could you explain this kara cancelling thing to me please? I heard about it in one of the klassic MKs but never looked into it enough to quite understand it.
Jacqui's got two mid-hitting forward advancing normals (f3, f4) that can she can cancel into either a low or an overhead (by pressing b4, or b2 respectively). You can find more info in the second post of the combo science thread.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Was actually currently making a 3 part video series based specifically on this topic, lol. Part one is done [Different ways to dust and redust] Part two, Ive been lazy [explaining the frames advantages and range options of you and your opponent]. And part 3 will just show some examples.

Guess I should get off my lazy ass and finish it today.

cashthesehands

monster masher
Was actually currently making a 3 part video series based specifically on this topic, lol. Part one is done [Different ways to dust and redust] Part two, Ive been lazy [explaining the frames advantages and range options of you and your opponent]. And part 3 will just show some examples.

Guess I should get off my lazy ass and finish it today.
Awesome. Will be helpful for a lot of folks. One of the toughest things to master with Shotgun Jacqui is staying your strike range(I'm finding her ideal distance to be between sweep and just outside of jump), and keeping your opponent from getting closer than sweep distance (her ass range)

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Awesome. Will be helpful for a lot of folks. One of the toughest things to master with Shotgun Jacqui is staying your strike range(I'm finding her ideal distance to be between sweep and just outside of jump), and keeping your opponent from getting closer than sweep distance (her ass range)
In part two of my little video explanation on her resets, I'll be going over all this... along with tick throw set ups, stamina management using kara cancels, forward dashes, tick throws etc... Kara cancels are more important in SG than any other variation for Jacqui, as your resets will be useless with no stamina to continue your next combo. excessive running in your initial combo will surely lead to this.

Only problem I'm having is having to add the voice after the video is made. Already did it with part one, and it's really awkward. And will be even more so trying to explain specific details within timed clips. I'll figure it out though.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
In part two of my little video explanation on her resets, I'll be going over all this... along with tick throw set ups, stamina management using kara cancels, forward dashes, tick throws etc... Kara cancels are more important in SG than any other variation for Jacqui, as your resets will be useless with no stamina to continue your next combo. excessive running in your initial combo will surely lead to this.

Only problem I'm having is having to add the voice after the video is made. Already did it with part one, and it's really awkward. And will be even more so trying to explain specific details within timed clips. I'll figure it out though.
Best way is to do it live, or to video everything and edit all the footage together, then record the voice over as you watch it talking about what happens in each scenario. If you find you need a bit more time for a specific vid, you can pause it at the end or even duplicate the footage to show it twice.

Otherwise you can try talk over each individual clip separately, but that's much more tedious.

cashthesehands

monster masher

Yep, thats why I favor closing out midscreen combos with f4~b2-dust over RC 114 dust for the reset. You cannot run out of stamina in shotgun, it is death.

Looking forward to checking out your tick throw set ups. You will be throwing a lot in this variation :)

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Best way is to do it live, or to video everything and edit all the footage together, then record the voice over as you watch it talking about what happens in each scenario. If you find you need a bit more time for a specific vid, you can pause it at the end or even duplicate the footage to show it twice.

Otherwise you can try talk over each individual clip separately, but that's much more tedious.
Yup, was thinking the multiple clips thing. I've got part one and three done, and just stalling on three due to the shortest part being the most complicated due to the whole voice after thing. Was thinking Twitch but, most of my followers are not from MK and didn't want them to be like WTF?, lol. Gonna just due the multiple clips thing, even though that's a problem to on xbox where I'm recording do to limited clips before sound desyncs happen [fuckin xbone].

Thanks though Pan1c for your always good advice. Will get it done today, motivated by Arcane's topic. I was stalling on this thinking, no one will discuss this, TYM is only discussing how to kill Jacqui, and then woke up to this, lol. Better get on it. I gotta do some real life shit first but, should be done today.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
After dust, doing a 21 will give you an uninterruptible b2 if timed perfectly. B33 is out of range, so as long as the opponent stand blocks, they will be ok. It was nothing more than a gimmick honestly and I wouldn't advise it against anyone who is partially aware of how SG Jacqui works.

I currently don't know what the current meta/setups is for SG Jacqui because I haven't used that variation since before they fixed her dust hitting after 114 on female opponents.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
After dust, doing a 21 will give you an uninterruptible b2 if timed perfectly. B33 is out of range, so as long as the opponent stand blocks, they will be ok. It was nothing more than a gimmick honestly and I wouldn't advise it against anyone who is partially aware of how SG Jacqui works.

I currently don't know what the current meta/setups is for SG Jacqui because I haven't used that variation since before they fixed her dust hitting after 114 on female opponents.
11, 21, 121 and 12 all give a uninterruptible B2. 12 however, gives you an uninterruptible B33 or B2 leaving you at the range for B33 to connect. Will go over all this and more in the vid later on today.

cashthesehands

monster masher

They adjusted bf2 launches a bit, so the run cancel combos are more consistent. Other than that, same ol' Jacqui.
11, 21, 121 and 12 all give a uninterruptible B2. 12 however, gives you an uninterruptible B33 or B2 leaving you at the range for B33 to connect. Will go over all this and more in the vid later on today.
unless you're close enough to the corner that the second dust will knockdown instead of reset, not sure why you'd cut the combo short. This will be great for the corner approach though.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Oh, that's pretty simple. :DOGE I've literally only saw this term used on the Jacqui forums for some reason. Does this add any extra frame advantage when run cancelling out of a normal or is it purely for range?
Jacqui has built in Kara cancels. F3 and F4 can be cancelled into B2 for an overhead or B4 for a low. This allows you to quickly advance forward into her 50/50. F4 goes about jump distance, f3 goes about sweep distance. I think she is the only character in the game that has actual Kara cancels. She can also cancel standing 4 into U4, but that one is very difficult and almost useless.