What's new

2,1~fan toss

Been playing with this today n have questions my spar partner is not home so I can't test at the moment but is this string safe? It kind of looks safe but could b slightly negative on block not sure. I'm just curious because it could b useful to mix up wit cutter and ground fan on a blocked 2,1 string giving that string a little more of a mind game. Lemme kno if ne one knows about this cuz practice mode sucks.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Fan toss is actually one of the few projectiles that's safe on block, from my understanding at least.

However, you shouldn't be using plain fan toss with 2,1. The best way to make use of 2,1 is to hit confirm it with more useful specials. So when 2,1 connects, it would be best to cancel the 1 with ex fan or fan lift for a full combo. Otherwise, fan cutter is a better option than regular fan toss, as that is neutral frames on block and gives you frame advantage on hit (free jump-in).

I know all that I hit confirm into cutter and lift fr combos but I'm just saying to throw it out there as a mind game on block some ppl get use to trying to react after 21~cutter but 21~fan can catch ppl for small juggles or minor frame advantage since the reaction timing is different. Also just mixing it up on an opponent who is used to 21~cutter all the time if the 21~fan is safe on block it's just another option and will have a different timing for counter reactions making your opponent think and not letting them get accustomed to a specific play style. I already mix it up w 21~fake out even tho that's negative on block I never get hit for it.

Somberness

Lights
You can crouch the fan from stand block after the 2,1. You can't make a cutter miss so it is a safer option. Perhaps b1, df2 could be effective as a surprise. If the b1 whiffs, the overhead will come out, if it does connect the cutter will so you will have to space it well. Fan toss is -2 up close, but after 2,1 it is -1. It is +18 on hit up close, +20 from the range after 2,1 is blocked. that is good because you get an free forward 2 that has to be blocked. Fake out kick should be 0, I say should be because it has the same glitch as Jax F413 string where you are forced into a standing block recovery sometimes. If it happens, then Kitana is +9.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
What's the frame data for ex fan on block? I had someone try 2,1~ex fan dash cancel (on block) to me the other day, and I kept hitting him with by own 2,1, but I couldn't tell what he was trying to do.

swag1

EX smash solves all
Honestly, this is a great idea because you get a free jump in so if they take the jump punch then you get a free combo (obviously), however, if they block you can use the blockstring (112, EN Cutter), for 11% chip, 70% built meter, and 100% safe. Or use normal cutter for 8% chip and just over 1/2 of meter (thanks konqrr).

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
What's the frame data for ex fan on block? I had someone try 2,1~ex fan dash cancel (on block) to me the other day, and I kept hitting him with by own 2,1, but I couldn't tell what he was trying to do.
Sounds like you were playing someone that can't hit confirm 21.

I find ex fan useless in block strings it's only useful on hit confirm I used try it until I kept getting punished for it