What's new

2,1,2 can cancel enemy's wake-up attack!

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Not sure if this has been found already, but if you corner your opponent and do the 2,1,2 combo, immediately after they fall down you can press down and do any attack (including uppercuts) or Cyrax's net to cancel their wake-up attack. It makes them immediately stand up. Still have more testing to do, but this could be very useful for corner pressure.

[video=youtube_share;WCyw8W_OHXM]http://youtu.be/WCyw8W_OHXM[/video]

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
i wish they had a dislike button, cyrax already a bitch lol

nice find tho, i'll thank u for that ha

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Not every character gets the opportunity for the splat animation with 3 NJP's. I don't do any NJP's. This is just some more Cyrax bullshit. =) It can even stop an X-ray. I'm gonna upload a video.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Not sure if this has been found already, but if you corner your opponent and do the 2,1,2 combo, immediately after they fall down you can press down and do any attack (including uppercuts) or Cyrax's net to cancel their wake-up attack. It makes them immediately stand up. Still have more testing to do, but this could be very useful for corner pressure.
This is pretty old. after the 2,1,2, you can do 3,3~ragdoll, for a little extra guard damage. I think its better to just go for bomb setups though.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
if you do 2,1,2 you can uppercut them after even if they're pressing down to duck... or you can just go into another combo if they're trying to do a wake-up attack and not blocking... and if they are blocking, there's chip damage anyway.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
if you do 2,1,2 you can uppercut them after even if they're pressing down to duck... or you can just go into another combo if they're trying to do a wake-up attack and not blocking... and if they are blocking, there's chip damage anyway.
Yea , nothings guaranteed though, they can block anything instantly. 3,3~ragdoll or 3,3~chest saw are your best bet for chip damage..

REYTHEGREAT

Ending a combo with b3 and and throw a net right after you see your opponent doing a wake up, the net will catch them. Try it, put JC on wake up, do b3, as you see him towards you with that kick, throw a net.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
see whether there until discharge, vryatli this option will be used as a pressure on the wall. I did it before, and showed in his video. Very good way to confuse the enemy is doing or d +4 d +4 ~ EX saw (because it gives guaranteed combos, but give us d +4 not a bad impact on the plus and continued pressure)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
oh cool so i can't do a wakeup, or i get stuck in a corner infinite.

cyrax is the biggest wtf character i've seen in a fighting game.

Beginner0k_TwM

see whether there are still faults, this option will not be used as a pressure on the wall. I did it before, and showed in his video. Very good way to confuse the enemy is doing d+4 or d+4~EX saw (because it gives guaranteed combos, but give us d +4 not a bad impact on the plus and continued pressure)Yes, another great find not dl the larger damage, after b+2 is guaranteed to NJP, it should be done only through the dash cancel. And I am so no one and did not answer the second blow b+2 is not broken?

NariTuba

disMember
Ending a combo with b3 and and throw a net right after you see your opponent doing a wake up, the net will catch them. Try it, put JC on wake up, do b3, as you see him towards you with that kick, throw a net.
Yeah the problem is unless you're pressuring them they are unlikely to wake up and if you're in their face you wont have time to react to the wakeup attack.

see whether there until discharge, vryatli this option will be used as a pressure on the wall. I did it before, and showed in his video. Very good way to confuse the enemy is doing or d +4 d +4 ~ EX saw (because it gives guaranteed combos, but give us d +4 not a bad impact on the plus and continued pressure)
I was thinking d4 too. Like Tony-T says 3~saw / 3~ragdoll will guarantee the chip, and so will d4~saw, d4~ragdoll. If you are going to gamble after the 2,1,2 the d4 might be a better option since its + on block like you say (and advantage on hit). A gamble could be d4, command grab or d4, 1,2 (into whatever). Its interesting to note however that a d1 or d3 are so fast that you may be able to gamble with them as well, since counter poking after block on reaction is not that easy unless you know they're coming.

This is pure speculation but how about going for 2,1,2 -> f2? Its special mid so it will hit a crouch blocker. Advantage on block might be enough for a free command grab / jabs mixup. On hit you get a splat that allows a bomb setup. Does f2 make them stand or will it whiff after 2,1,2 splat?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
This is cool info

Before this cyrax had no chance of competing

Now if only he had a full screen overhead w stun d3 we'd be in business

Beginner0k_TwM

in "Cyrax" plus after "f 2" in the block?
in my video is shown as it is! only as a mixup!!

so what do you think about this the beginning of this combo?:
b+2 => dash block cancel => njp