What's new

19 years Mortal Kombat - THX Ed Boon and all others

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Happy Birthday Mortal Kombat! The original MK is still my favorite. I'll never forget the first time I played it. Thanks Ed and John for giving us the greatest fighting game of all time!

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
The original MK really is the best.
Based on old Chinese fighting movies was just too good.

The most realistic MK, and the most serious as well, MK1 holds a candle to hardcore gaming.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
The original MK really is the best.
Based on old Chinese fighting movies was just too good.

The most realistic MK, and the most serious as well, MK1 holds a candle to hardcore gaming.
Indeed! I still remember the first time I played it, such a great experience. And then making trips to the arcade to play it as often as I could. Love that game. It's the only game I ever got in a real life fight over.

i was 12 years old to that time, in my country chile, we play sf2 first, wen mk came out, we drop sf2 and play just mk <3
what a nice time it was..
MK 1 and later MK 2 was incredible experience 4 us arcade players to that time, we was kids
btw MK arcades was expensive.. as kids we always have to do some "things" to get everyday money to go to play.. :D
i do wash cars , to get some money to play mk1 lmao

in my town,s mk1 machine, there was an version of mk, that if u win an vs, the game started from beginning, that was fine.
i could often play the whole day, just with one credit xDDD

MK 1 was the loudest machine, always full of ppl, 2 players fighting and in the background 20 or 30 ppl watching, that was so an hype and so amazing

the funny thing, also to that time, ragequitting does exist as well lololololololololol
4 example, u beat somebody 10 times in a row, then he lost some money because of that, and often the salty players shut down the machine, hit u in ur face or insult u lmfao
today 19 years later, a lot of things didn't change, its only a lil different, virtually xD

if my English wasn't so bad, i could tell some arcade story's..

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Happy Birthday to Mortal Kombat! The only fighting game series I've ever held dedication towards, not to mention the best one.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
the funny thing, also to that time, ragequitting does exist as well lololololololololol
4 example, u beat somebody 10 times in a row, then he lost some money because of that, and often the salty players shut down the machine, hit u in ur face or insult u lmfao
today 19 years later, a lot of things didn't change, its only a lil different, virtually xD
I was a kid (11 or so) back then too, but it was the same here. Damn I loved those days :) .
I also remember trying to find a magazine with the codes (for the moves, fatalities), but couldn't find one. Because everyone ripped out the pages in the supermarket (there was an MK1 machine in the front :) ).
Thanks NRS, for good times!!