What's new

Question - Stunt Double 113xx(mimic)DB1 wiffing

Frosted 57

Reforming Lurker
So this always wiffs on female characters. It always hits on males when they have an open stance. Then it only hits sometimes(I couldn't find a cause) on males with a closed stance. This seems silly to me. Is there more to it that I don't know?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So this always wiffs on female characters. It always hits on males when they have an open stance. Then it only hits sometimes(I couldn't find a cause) on males with a closed stance. This seems silly to me. Is there more to it that I don't know?
Females have different gravity and juggle physics

I've gotten it to work, even on females, but only in specific circumstances. Like I often practice F3/F24 CBF4 run cancel 113 DB1 with the ai stand blocking, and this works 80% of the time for me, even on females. I thought it was related to stance, but I've had it succeed and fail in both matching and opposing stances. I have no idea whats going on here, but consistency would be nice.

A lot of times I just do 113 cBF4 instead. If it's blocked it's plus, and if it hits I don't get a very good combo, but they get pushed towards the corner and I can run cancel into a normal string or use mimic if it's not on cooldown.