What's new

Question - Tempest 11212xxEX Hat Spin?

I can't seem to cancel into the EX version of this move. I can cancel into the regular move just fine, and I can cancel into EX moves for other characters without a problem either.

When exactly am I supposed to be inputting the DB(block)1?

The Magician

According to my sources...
Do 11, slide fast between 212 and then press the 4 right after you slide 212. You have to press 4 in advance or it won't work

Solignac

Noob
I can't seem to cancel into the EX version of this move. I can cancel into the regular move just fine, and I can cancel into EX moves for other characters without a problem either.

When exactly am I supposed to be inputting the DB(block)1?
Yeah, some moves you just don't really do any kind of link pauses. Just hit them all in sequence, once you get a feel for it, you'll understand. Try practice mode just doing this raw setup.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
You just press 11212db1+BLK in one quick motion.
Yeah, some moves you just don't really do any kind of link pauses. Just hit them all in sequence, once you get a feel for it, you'll understand. Try practice mode just doing this raw setup.
Actually once you input 11212 you have plenty of time to confirm either ex hat, normal hat or spin.

Solignac

Noob
Actually once you input 11212 you have plenty of time to confirm either ex hat, normal hat or spin.
Yeah, I think it's more of you can't really mash the 11212 (i.e inputting 11212222) input because if you do, your cancel won't come out if you do it immediately. Since you have to input 11212 quickly, it can be easy to throw an extra 1 or 2

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
in that case, i think the best way to apply the string is to do as follows:

1) input the string the way you've learn it and the way it's more consistent for you
2) see if it comes out
3) if it comes out confirm it on hit or block (you can confirm during the fist flurry part on screen)
4) if only 11 comes out cause you screwd up the input you're still +1 and just hold block, or throw

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Yeah I am having trouble getting the spin to come out after this string too, I can get it like half of the time, but the other half the time dude is throwing out hats or nothing else comes out at all

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Do 11, slide fast between 212 and then press the 4 right after you slide 212. You have to press 4 in advance or it won't work
It is easy to do it when you press 1, then slide your finger two times 1 to 2, 1to 2, like Scorpions D1 into spear in MK9.