What's new

Video/Tutorial 10 Grand Grind

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
This may be a little late, but better late than never, right?

I have been hosting a stream regularly now for the past week and a half or so. On this stream my goal is to reach 10,000 Xbox Live matches played in total.

My intent, is that at some point between now and match number 10,000 - I will have become a better fighting game player. The goal, presently, is 10,000 matches played. Win or lose. The end result is the same - experience.

Alternatively, my wins, my losses might also serve to benefit the community by proxy. Maybe by watching me win or by watching me lose someone somewhere may come to realize something about a specific matchup. Today for example, I blew people's minds by placing a bomb on the tree at Themyscira Temple. Others had no idea how incredible the blast radius is on the right console of the Watchtower. Small things that allow me to better contribute.

I have already found great support in the Nightwing subcommunity. I couldn't possibly tag all the guys who peek in and advise me on matchups and break down my mistakes and weaknesses, and I can't thank you all enough either.

That said, I have been seeing a number of newer posters in the Nightwing subforum with plenty of questions. You are all more than welcome to hit me up while I'm streaming with any questions you may have.

So come hang out. Bullshit with me in chat and laugh at the hatemail I get from Ranked players. Laugh at me when I lose to Cross Up j3 Sword Flip and F23man. Hit follow and be notified when I go Live.

www.twitch.tv/NightwingDayZero

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I'll also usually be stream monstering in the stream chat if I'm not busy streaming myself.

Come chat/watch/talk with us :D

NightwingDayZero

Streaming casuals with WoundCowboy and Michaelangelo today. Working to get Cowboy ready for TFC.

Grind put on hold tonight, but I'll be all in tomorrow.

NightwingDayZero

Whenever you beat Michaelangelo/Wound I'm gonna say, "Dude, play Chef/Legend"

<3

We may have the chance to swap training partners soon!

I'm hoping that SuperArcade hosts another "Killer Instinct Friday" the weekend after TFC. If that's the case, Michael and I may be coming down to get some ULLTTRRAAAA COMMMBOOOO experience. Maybe stay Saturday and play some Injustice? We'll have to see how things play out.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
We may have the chance to swap training partners soon!

I'm hoping that SuperArcade hosts another "Killer Instinct Friday" the weekend after TFC. If that's the case, Michael and I may be coming down to get some ULLTTRRAAAA COMMMBOOOO experience. Maybe stay Saturday and play some Injustice? We'll have to see how things play out.
Dude, the next time there is a Killer Instinct Friday you guys better make it down here. Super Arcade is gonna be open until at least 3 am, and you can teach me to be better at KI since I'm ass. Everytime I play I play against dudes who have played it since EVO and body me free :(.

NightwingDayZero

Dude, the next time there is a Killer Instinct Friday you guys better make it down here. Super Arcade is gonna be open until at least 3 am, and you can teach me to be better at KI since I'm ass. Everytime I play I play against dudes who have played it since EVO and body me free :(.

Mike is dropping Injustice for KI. I'm on the fence, but I'm leaning heavy towards KI. We're trying to convince Cowboy to take some time away from Injustice at TFC so he can play Glacius because we know he'll fall in love with the character.

I'm glad you like Saberwulf. He's the easiest of the characters to learn. He's also my favorite. <3

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Mike is dropping Injustice for KI. I'm on the fence, but I'm leaning heavy towards KI. We're trying to convince Cowboy to take some time away from Injustice at TFC so he can play Glacius because we know he'll fall in love with the character.

I'm glad you like Saberwulf. He's the easiest of the characters to learn. He's also my favorite. <3
I like him because he gets in that ass.

I'm usually a fan of big grappling characters though, and Chief has begun to call my name. You guys better come down when KI is here. We usually always have a packed house and Tyrant, Slayer, Brad and myself are always there, with a handful of others. If they knew you guys were rolling thorough, I'm sure the rest of the Injustice players would make it out also.

NightwingDayZero

I like him because he gets in that ass.

I'm usually a fan of big grappling characters though, and Chief has begun to call my name. You guys better come down when KI is here. We usually always have a packed house and Tyrant, Slayer, Brad and myself are always there, with a handful of others. If they knew you guys were rolling thorough, I'm sure the rest of the Injustice players would make it out also.

It's all dependant on timing.

I want to test if Saberwulf can use Rabid Doubles to bait out a combo breaker and use counter breaker to punish.

NightwingDayZero

next time KI is at super i'll definitely try and make it down. Im in the same boat as steve where the only times i got to play it i had to fight someone that was already really good

Luckily, after Krayzie eliminated me at EVO, I spent the rest of the afternoon just cycling through the KI line and watching the matches I found most interesting.

Once you get a grip on the combo system, everything else really starts to make sense.

Also, footsies are so much fun in that game.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
What are footsies? Hold my run into 50/50 son.

Shit I don't even know if I can't quit that character.

NightwingDayZero

I haven't abandoned this grind. I have roughly ~5,500 online matches to go to reach my goal.

I just started some classes in college, add to that the fact that I've been playing GTAV at home and spending 5-6 hours a day playing SF2 HD REMIX at @michaelangelo's place - and you might understand how I may have become a bit side tracked.

With the advent of a new patch, I'll be needing to relearn a whole bunch of matchups. While I may be a little bit less enthused with regards to the Injustice title; I did make myself a commitment that I intend to fulfill. It will just be done a little more slowly considering I will be playing locally as well.

NightwingDayZero

Well, unless someone can help me with this "Blue Ring of Death" issue I've got with my LGP Avermedia portable - the stream is dead.

My streaming device just became a glorified paperweight.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Well, now I have nothing to do in the afternoon when I'm bored :(.

The dream is dead.

NightwingDayZero

For anyone still interested. I've managed to secure a Return of Merchandise Authorization from Avermedia. I'm expecting to be back up and streaming in the next couple of weeks.

I'm at around 5400 matches played so far. I played somewhere around 50 matches against Revolver and 10 matches against K7 last night. School is keeping my numbers low, but once this semester is over it's grind time. I intend to reach my goal before the year's end.