What's new

Question 1. Throwing. 2. Effectively punishing after using water shield?

1. I almost never utilize throws, and I want to start doing so to improve my game. When playing online, people are still throwing out random wakeup moves. This makes me really afraid of attempting a throw after my opponent's wakeup. The only time I ever throw is after hitting 3-4 full combos in a row. At that point, I'm 100% sure that my opponent is going to block. Even then, wouldn't I just be better off continuing my mix-up game with b12 or b2? Question is... where am I going wrong here? When is a good time to use throws with Aquaman?

2. Do I have advantage when my opponent strikes my shield? From online guides, I was under the impression that if your opponent hits it, you are pretty much guaranteed a full combo. I haven't been able to do this at all. I dash out after my opponent hits my shield, but then I always end up getting hit from the 2nd or 3rd hit of the combo. It wouldn't make any sense to dash out after the combo is over, either (since there is recovery time associated with dashing out)

How do I correctly utilize this?

After a throw, mix up what you normally do by using B1 to keep them in check and if they do a random wakeup, Water shield or From the Depths should make them respect what you are doing. It all depends on if you MB the water shield because if you do, you are guarenteed an 8% for that MB burst and FTD and Trident Toss works in this instance. And then keep checking them with the B12 xx FTD, 22 xx FTD MB, F2+13.