What's new

1 2 options

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I've been secretly working on Sektor for awhile and I've been wondering something. I see a lot of Sektor players attempt 12b1 and they get poked out of it and walk backwards hoping for a whiff punish. My question is why? For the tournament players go back and look at footage. It's rare someone pokes out and does a special..they almost always poke, stand up and do normals lol. Not that many pokes are significantly + on hit....Sektor has a 6 frame jab so it can still beat out most moves even after taking a poke...so why back away?

His standing 1 can be as fast as it wants, it's still going to whiff over almost the entire cast, which means a uppercut to the face.

Plus, at least for me, it's just instinct to try and cross someone up after poking out of them, so backing up would be just what you'd wanna do to counter it.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
His standing 1 can be as fast as it wants, it's still going to whiff over almost the entire cast, which means a uppercut to the face.

Plus, at least for me, it's just instinct to try and cross someone up after poking out of them, so backing up would be just what you'd wanna do to counter it.

Right, but if you see them duck you can press 122. The last 2 hits mid. If they were to jump after a poke the standing 1 would catch them immediately.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
They can poke you out of 122 during the first and second hit. It's really, really easy to interrupt.

6 frames, but it's really not all that.

NKZero

Noob
as Temjiin said standing 1 strings are punishers, anti-airs or off a JIP or if you realise the opponent loves to stand block. Otherwise do not use it in the neutral game. For whiff punishers use B3 or B2.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Standing 1 is also great to use when you think someone is going to stagger string you. For instance, Quan Chi and Liu Kang are based around calling their strings off one hit early and starting them again to catch you off guard. Sektor can they beat them out by using a standing 1 where other characters are closer to a even frame war. Using standing 1 or 2 as a way to poke or keep pressure is no good. In fact, Sektor has minimal pressure, he's more of a poke and go character.

ryublaze

Noob
Since Sektor's standing 1 is 6 frames, sometimes I'm able to poke out of pressure into a full combo with 1, 2, B1.