What's new

Question - Liu Kang 1, 2, 4 and 11 moves Liu Kang?

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
I'm curious person by nature and I wanted to ask some of you what are your thoughts on why this is happening? If you press 1, 2, 4 and 11 normally, Liu Kang stands right on the same place/distance he is performing a normal, but if you press it like I do on the video, he keeps moving himself a little bit every time I do one of these normals mentioned above.

Could this thing even be used as something serious? Like some sort of walking while having your normals cover your front of some sort?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
another quirky signature of NRS games.

The animation you see is not actually the end of the move recovery. Try pressing the button and seeing how quickly you can jump or block after. This ends the "reset" animation as soon as the move recovery is over.

I don't think there will be much of a use for this but rather just another mechanic of NRS games.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I'd rather just walk forward. Plus you could very easily be whiff punished if you do this close to your opponent.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
This is indeed pretty wierd. Have you tried it upclose to see if 1 hits more consistently? I mean 1 can be a pain in the ass on crouchblocking opponents.