What's new

1.02 version raiden

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
hello everyone..today i tried the patched raiden..there was not too many changes..i saw 4..!

1. Air electric fly falls really slow.
2. I think the buffer for the wake up teleport is less..i maybe wrong..
3. They took away my combo :-Ρ 3,3,4 tele 1,grab,3,3,4,dash,b3 to electric fly instead of 37 it was 39..!now its out :(
4. Last but not least,the string b3,1,2 i think its not only -1 ,but much more..!please anyone with frame scan skills to check it?

SGX

Noob
I would honestly like someone to tell me why Raiden is considered top tier, because I just don't see it.

His teleport gives him great mobility, but nothing else about this character screams overpowered.

Superman is a good move, no doubt, but its usefulness as an escape tool has been severely limited with the patch.

He has no mixup or even good lows.

His overhead is way too slow to be all that useful. Anyone can see it coming a mile away and hit him out of it. (Even after something like a blocked j.P which gives him + frames)

Slow uppercut and sweep.

He can get crouching jabbed or even X-rayed out of his b+3,1,2 string on block. It doesn't make sense to have nerfed the recovery on this string as it is slow to start up and can be interrupted as well.

The first hit of 3,3,4 has absolutely terrible range. If it were slightly better, this string would be great.

I haven't seen much use for d,b+2, except using the EX version in corner combos.

I would say that his damage is fine as is. His standing jabs are good and can be comboed into d,f+2 which is nice. EX projectile is great, while regular projectile is average.

Overall I don't think he's bad, but I have yet to see very many good reasons for him to be considered Top/High tier.

SGX I agree completely. I've been losing left and right with him especially since the patch and I honestly can't see what's supposed to make him so good. It's hard not to fall into a pattern of predictability with him because there's not a lot he can really do. Some people have already figured out how to punish the teleport which makes it even worse.

I think his normals could use a buff if anything and make his Vicinity Blast not useless for once.

I would honestly like someone to tell me why Raiden is considered top tier, because I just don't see it.
Been trying to figure this one out as well.

There is virtually no reason to block low during his strings..of which start so slow even if they were once safe on BLK.

Raiden for top tier seems to totally be based on can he initiate offense with his TP or get out of sticky situations with same said TP.

Raiden needs mixups, he's probably the most predictable fighter.
Exactly. His only real mixup is whether he is gonna teleport behind you or superman, which isn't that great of a mixup in the first place. Besides that after a teleport he can only throw, sweep, or jump in and try to start a combo. All easily avoidable stuff.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
This is good news though. Raiden has found it too easy to play. His teleport while being a 'mobility tool' completely shuts down the zoning of most characters in the game. Is that fair and balanced? He also has the ability to keep the pressure up and corner you easily with his superman. I play as sub zero and Raiden is very tricky to play against.

Loot

the special effects
This is good news though. Raiden has found it too easy to play. His teleport while being a 'mobility tool' completely shuts down the zoning of most characters in the game. Is that fair and balanced? He also has the ability to keep the pressure up and corner you easily with his superman. I play as sub zero and Raiden is very tricky to play against.
Ice Clone completely shuts down teleport as he cannot punish you on reaction. If he teles afer you drop clone you get a free combo if you're not blocking., as you can immediately confirm a 22 freeze. The ONLY way Raiden can punish a clone is if he basically reads your inputs and teleports the exact moment before your clone comes out when Sub is in recovery. Raiden is a highly favorable amtch for Sub as he completely shuts down his offense. Raiden can only safely teleport if they are blocking when he appears behind them or if they are trying to apply ground pressure (not crossup) in the corner. Other than that anyone can punish his tele for free.

Lets not forget that BEFORE the patch his b312 can be xrayed by Nightwolf, Elbow Dashed, Kung's Spin/Xray, EX Superman, not sure what else. Now that he is -1 on on frames after blocked he is subject to even more punishment from one of his 3 strings. 334 can also be Dashed by Reptile and is now -1 on frames from the patch as wel, so I'm sure other characters can punish it.

tldr Raiden needs mixups as he is simply the most predictable fighter

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
tldr Raiden needs mixups as he is simply the most predictable fighter
Smoke, Raiden, Mileena etc all will try to apply sweeps and low pokes to get you to block low. However, I don't feel that it's necessarily the characters that are predictable, everyone plays them the same damn way. They all use one BnB repeatedly.

goodone

Noob
my only complaint is that his normals feel incredibly slow compared to most of the cast, could just be me idk

I think what makes raiden so good is the mindgames you can play with tele considering he has so many options

I've been playing a lot more defensively now that his strings seem so easily punishable and just baiting out shit and punishing out of it. if you can play defensively and get that hit confirm on superman in the corner you can pour out a fucking waterfall of pressure. Of course its all situational but yea, still a god of thunder imo.

I havent had my hands on the game for too too long but thats my observation so far

skarlet is looking damn good though

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
raiden is top 2. NEVER ask for raiden buffs... you do not know what you are asking for.
Tom, can you confirm what exactly were all the changes made to Raiden in however many patches there has been. I keep hearing different things from different people so I'd like to know for a fact from somebody in the know.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
SGX I agree completely. I've been losing left and right with him especially since the patch and I honestly can't see what's supposed to make him so good. It's hard not to fall into a pattern of predictability with him because there's not a lot he can really do. Some people have already figured out how to punish the teleport which makes it even worse.

I think his normals could use a buff if anything and make his Vicinity Blast not useless for once.
I kind of agree with that. Not to make excuses, but the last few days, i.e. after the patch(es) I've been losing more and it seems harder to win. Seems like he is much easier to punish now, off of Teleport and after blocked strings. Or could be just my skills deteriorated or everybody else got better.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
guys dont be ridicules...
raiden is powerfull..think what we have..dont think what we dont have..
try to play other characters with teleport to miss raidens teleport..try to play characters without a full range punish for ermacs kinetic powers (electric fly)...dont take granted all that raiden has and you want more..
raiden has a lot of weapons..
teleport for defence(wake up and jump ins)and attack(projectiles and some random to scary people)..
we have safe fast mini combo great range launcher and fast safe full corner combo launcer f24..
we have a great punish and whiff punish tool the fly with good set ups afterwards..
jabs to combo for easy punish..
great ex projectile..
uppercut antair with 21% with electric fly combo..
ok we dont have low launcher or even a good low poke...but he is too good as he is..

my opinion is that because he doesnt have that offencive tools he should be played defencivly(?) with some random attacks..

btw f3 is not cancelable anymore...why???why???
i have found corner combo 334,f3to grab,334,1212 to fly 44% instead of classik 43%...u must be joking that you took out f3-cancel for that...

anyway..sorry for my bad english!!! :p