What's new

“[Rambo] he really bookends that whole guest character roster”

Just been watching a video on WIRED with Ed talking about the Friendships in the game.

Interesting comment around 11:25 mark where he implies Rambo is the end of the 80s guest character phase, and implies Rambo bookends the whole guest character thing.

Wonder if this implies no more character DLC, or just that there are no more 80s guest stars to come.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
i mean ur prolly right but i would like an answer to why we havent seen a single repeated dlc character up untill ultimate with rain then ?
Because Boon was referring to side-by-side repeat of DLC, not DLC altogether.

Think about it: If there was no repeat DLC, this means that eventually there wouldn't be any DLC MK characters because everyone would have been DLC at least once.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
He said this is the end of the 80s action guest cycle. I'll honestly be blown away if we do not get at least one guest in a KP.

And I would prefer a guest to Taven or Daegon tbh

I think people are looking too much into this. He's just casually saying that it sort of completes this set of iconic 80's action heroes. That reveals a little bit about his view of this completing a DLC theme, but it's not like this is some coded statement that confirms or deconfirms anything beyond just him feeling that Rambo completes this theme.

People give Boon a lot of shit for being a troll or "lying" or whatever, but it's more that he's just a guy who's kind of fast and loose about how he talks about his games. Like, last time around he said something like "well, Rain was just DLC in MK9, so he's a little less likely to be a DLC choice", and people carved that into a stone tablet and turned it into "Rain will never be DLC again".

My take is, take a step back and think about this game as the money machine that it is for WB. Forgot about the subtleties of what Ed Boon is saying, forget about past patterns, forget about the roster size on the screen, if you want to know if more DLC is coming, look at the sales figures for the most recent edition of the game and judge the likelihood on that.

Because Boon was referring to side-by-side repeat of DLC, not DLC altogether.

Think about it: If there was no repeat DLC, this means that eventually there wouldn't be any DLC MK characters because everyone would have been DLC at least once.
Makes sence, but its highly unlikely that franchise will last that long and they are adding new characters into franchise aswell ( at least 3 per game if not even more).