What's new

General/Other - Kitana Kitana Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

E

Eldriken

I'm glad to see we finally got a sub-forum for Kitana! Let the discussing begin!

What are you thinking/hoping her variations will be?

I'd imagine one will focus on enhancing her fan based attacks. Other than that, I have no idea what her other two could be.

trufenix

bye felicia
Are we not doing clever general thread titles anymore? Which, that's fine, whatever, but if we're doing a new thing and nobody told me, that I'd have a problem with.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Seems there might be a heavy zoning variation since she was able to throw her fans in different directions then before. However that could just be some additions they've added. I rreeaallyy want to lnow more about her so hopefully we get a individual trailer for her soon.

E

Eldriken

So @Eldriken are you maining her with Kotal?
Kitana will be my 100% priority. Kotal and Goro may wind up as secondaries. It all depends, really. But there's no denying that Kitana will absolutely be my main, shitter or not. If she winds up being a shitter, I'll just have a top tier secondary. =P

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I never really had much love for Kitana but that trailer, she looks really good and probably quite fun to use. Obviously one variation would be based on her fans but I wonder whether one variation would have extensions to her air dash/teleport? Only came to mind as was thinking about the animation of her MK9 X-Ray

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I've been waiting for this thread lol, so excited to play as her! (And hopefully Mileena, too ;))

I'm also hoping she has some form of parrying variation, along with a variation that allows her far more air maneuverability, and another that causes her fans to spin in the opponent for increased damage (or something to that effect).

Also, dat dash. Shades of Skarlet, anyone?

E

Eldriken

I wonder if she'll have IAFs. I'd actually learn how to do them really good if she does.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Really excited about Kitana's reveal. I really want to see what her normals are like.

As for the variations, an enhanced fan variation seems pretty likely, as for the rest? Maybe one that gives her some more rush down options? Maybe she'll have a broken back walk speed again.

Anyways, I thought her design looks beautiful, and I can't wait to dive in and learn more about her. I'm not committing myself to a main until MKX is released, but she was my main in mk9 and she's been the girl I've been waiting for since MKX was announced.

Talk soon gents.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Might be my main in MK. Kitana is awesome, and her design in this game is godlike.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Okay, so I noticed at exactly 0:48 in the reveal, Kitana was using her fans in what looked like a 3 hitting launching combo. Anyone else get MK Armageddon vibes? Lol, it just totally resembles a string from that era of MK. ;) ;)