What's new

XBOX360 Online Connection Trouble

Hello all, ok so earlier tonight I was trying to get in a 1v1 set in with my bro over live. We tried to connect various times and always got the "game session is no longer available" message. I'm thinking wtf! I reset the cache x2, reset my router, had my bro reset his box, etc.. and nothing. At this point I'm a bit frustrated so I'm trying to see if anyone else is experiencing this shit like I was. I don't think its my service (Verizon FIOS) but it could be I just can't figure it out. I was playing fine earlier today. For a minute I thought it was my ps2 pad and converter screwing something up but when I switched to the 360 pad I got the same issue. As for my connection if anyone is wondering its through a wireless router, so I know I'm more than likely not getting the top speed as I would with a direct connection but the router is in the living room and I'm upstairs. Any insight on this would greatly be appreciated.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
You might look into setting up port forwarding for yours and his routers. Google "port forwarding xbox live" and see if that works.

You might look into setting up port forwarding for yours and his routers. Google "port forwarding xbox live" and see if that works.
Thanks, I'm going to look into this. I tested it out further and it seems that it only happens when we try to match up. I had other people on my friends list send me invites and vice versa and had no issues. Shit I even went an extra step and re routed my house so I'm hooked directly into the router and that still didn't work. Either way thanks for the advice.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Thanks, I'm going to look into this. I tested it out further and it seems that it only happens when we try to match up. I had other people on my friends list send me invites and vice versa and had no issues. Shit I even went an extra step and re routed my house so I'm hooked directly into the router and that still didn't work. Either way thanks for the advice.
It could be on his end too. Maybe.