What's new

Would Injustice be more balanced if characters had different amounts of health?

I would have preferred the cast of injustice to have different amounts of health to balance out powerful zoners and characters with tons of options, versus characters with few if any zoning tools and poor mobility etc.. A character like Sinestro who wants to keep you fullscreen with his zoning game should not really have as much Health as Grundy imo.

Let's look at Akuma in SF4. He has high damage and plenty of tools. He can both zone you at a distance and pressure you up close. He is basically Superman but with shit health to balance him out. Now what happens when Akuma doesn't have low health? He becomes broken by design. Akuma was the best character in Super Turbo by far and he is considered top tier in SFIV. If his health was higher he would be in a whole tier above the one he is currently in.

Assuming 1000 was the default health in Injustice,1200 was the max and 800 was the absolute lowest, what health zone would you put the characters in? Feel free to make a case that universal health is a good thing if you want.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
This is a really lazy way to balance, to be honest. I didn't like the suggestion when Pig made it, and I don't like it now. Different amounts of health is just admitting you can't figure out how to give your characters enough tools to succeed without homogenizing the game.
I agree. It's too late now anyway since we do damage by % and not by a number. It would make no sense if Superman didn't have some of the most life in the game and that wouldn't be balanced. Joker should logically have some of the lowest health but that would be terrible too. It needs to fit the logic of the characters and not just balance. It's not to say that games that do have different health amounts are stupid but it's just not needed here imo.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
No, not really.

In a weird way, Grundy and now Bane both have more health then everyone else, it's technically just defense, but the way the game works, it's basically health, the chain that causes it is even called the health chain.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Killer Frost would end up having 800 simply for being a female character despite having weak zoning and mediocre tools
It's a no from me

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Probably.
The arguments against seem to be along the lines of "it's just another element of balance that they would mess up." That might be true too.

I don't know how you can come in here and blatantly say "no, it wouldn't balance anything". How do you even know lol. There's no way of really knowing and it depends how NRS does it. From a DC fanboy point of view, Supes should have more health than Grundy and Lex but anyone minimally smart knows that in such a system Supes and Black Adam would need to have lower health.

People think Capcom gives low health to female characters just because of gender but it's not really true. They give low health to characters with high mobility and lots of options. It just happens that all the female SF characters are quick agile/rushdown or have a ton of options. But if R.Mika was in she would have 1050 or more health for sure. Plus let's be real, does anyone really want Cammy and Ibuki to have 1000+ health?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This is a really lazy way to balance, to be honest. I didn't like the suggestion when Pig made it, and I don't like it now. Different amounts of health is just admitting you can't figure out how to give your characters enough tools to succeed without homogenizing the game.
Yeah, because we simply see what kind of balance FGs who don't have varying HP lvls have.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I don't know how you can come in here and blatantly say "no, it wouldn't balance anything". How do you even know lol. There's no way of really knowing and it depends how NRS does it. From a DC fanboy point of view, Supes should have more health than Grundy and Lex but anyone minimally smart knows that in such a system Supes and Black Adam would need to have lower health.

People think Capcom gives low health to female characters just because of gender but it's not really true. They give low health to characters with high mobility and lots of options. It just happens that all the female SF characters are quick agile/rushdown or have a ton of options. But if R.Mika was in she would have 1050 or more health for sure. Plus let's be real, does anyone really want Cammy and Ibuki to have 1000+ health?
I couldnt figure out who this post was for until i un-hid the post myles made lol

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Would Injustice be more balanced with different amounts of health on different characters? I dunno...ask Bane after the patch since his "take less damage" buff during venom is essentially just that. ;)

P3irce

Noob
This way could work but literally everything would have to change, like movement speed, hit damage, etc I feel like everything would need to be rebalanced but it could work out overall it would be a question of would it be worth it to rebalance everything or just stay the same.

My choice would be with the latter