What's new

Will we be getting a tier list for stages?

Saffa

Noob
Well?

Will we?

Which stage can dish out the most damage and which stage sucks and needs MOAR DUMPSTER?

Komatose

The Prettiest
Wow... That's a waste of time. We already know what stages do what. Why do we need a tier list so more people could fight about what stage is supposed to be where? No...

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
A list of which characters do better on which stages would be more productive. Or how stages affect certain matchups.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
A list of which characters do better on which stages would be more productive. Or how stages affect certain matchups.
I'd like this far more. I noticed during CW5 an Aquaman picking Atlantis every attempt so he could zone and use the water splash to push them back if the opponent got close. Lame, but very effective.

Vagrant

Noob
Not a tier list.

I think each char forum however should have a stickied thread dedicated to the descussion of which stages benefit their character for which matchups and techniques for each stage specific to that character.

Amadeous

Noob
If they make it to where in tournaments the stages have to be turned off, I will be so mad.

I'm a little annoyed they even let you turn off stage hazards, they're essential to the game.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
The pig is hype! It switches advantage so fast, that it gets roasted in the process.
I think stage advantage should be gadget char adv vs power char adv. The rest like starting position, corner position etc is just too complicated and random. But meh, someone could work it out.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
A stage's viability depends on the characters and your ability to use the environment given to you,

So no, there can't and won't be a tier list.
Pretty much this is my mentality. Though that one with the globe and respawning robots is pretty OP in my opinion on the player 2 side. 60% unblockable is possible if you hit robot then globe because by then a second robot is spawned and ready. I believe both of those are unblockable so its a pretty rough stage to fight in.

I dont remember the names of half the stages yet. So far I see a lot of folks fighting outside the Hall of Justice and on Arkham City pt 1 since those don't really have an overwhelming amount of stuff. The turret on the P1 side that Reo was using at Civil War in that one stage is pretty dirty if you're a gadget guy and the double TV is dirty on the Arkham level if you're Flash because he divekicks off them and lands under the next one setting up multiple crossup options with his high low game.

Like the man said... different characters get really good on different stages. Its hard to tier list something that changes. We'd honestly have to do a character=best stages sort of thing to rank them.

Reactions: RYX

Saffa

Noob
I'm surprised people took this seriously, since it was obviously tongue in cheek, but this man sums up what I actually had in mind.

I just feel no-one is discussing the stages and they play a HUGE part if you think about it. My first couple of online sessions I only got beaten by my buddy because he knew the stages better and kept cashing in on that high damage.
I think each char forum however should have a stickied thread dedicated to the descussion of which stages benefit their character for which matchups and techniques for each stage specific to that character.