What's new

What's your favorite NRS MK Announce trailer?

Choose Your Destiny

• Mortal Kombat (2011)

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mortal Kombat X (2015)

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Mortal Kombat 11 (2019)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Mortal Kombat 1 (2023)

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Let's go back in time... remember the hype...

What do you like about Announce trailers?
The CG scenes?
The music?
The narrative?
The gameplay/characters?
What style do you prefer? Story driven trailer? Kool fights with modern music? Glimpses of gameplay and in-game graphics?

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
MK9 and it's not even a contest. Everyone was caught by surprise by the revival of a franchise that, by all intents and purposes, was completely and utterly dead and bankrupt. Not only a revival, but an AMAZING one, with impressive visuals, a return to the roots that made the franchise great (original characters, stages and 2D fighting) and a perfected combo system. Also, LOTS of minigames and new modes (tag-team being one of them).

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
When I was a kid, I had the Gameinformer interview about Mortal Kombat Armageddon cut out and taped to my bathroom wall. The same article where they said "This is the last Mortal Kombat ever" Every time I took a shit I would read that article and lament that my all time favorite series was over. Keep in mind I didn't have internet until I was like a freshman in highschool. I understood MKvsDC as some weird final hoorah for the series before it died forever.

Then one, random ass morning, like 2 weeks after I finally got internet I see an E3 trailer for Mortal Kombat 2011 posted on youtube. When I tell you I was so excited for MK9, that I literally developed a phobia that I was going to die before it came out. I've never been more excited for a game in my entire life. Even if I enjoy playing other MK games more than 9, no other will ever take the place it had in my life lol.

I've been a fan of MK since the other MK1, but this MK1 trailer was the biggest wow moment for me. It's beautiful, vicious, and really fresh feeling.

When MK9 came out, I wasn't really playing video games in general so I don't have the same endearment for that game as others do.

I was stoked out of my mind when MK11 got announced, but for whatever reason my reaction to the trailer was just "heh that was pretty cool".

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
MK9. But, honorable mention to MKX, because it came out on my birthday and made me happy lmao. Also unpopular opinion but I like the song :rolleyes:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Newest one for sure is the best NRS era reveal trailer... the horrible music choices in the other ones sucked... but the MK11 Launch Trailer IS THE best NRS era trrailer period.

Best NRS era trailer of all time.

Best Mortal Kombat Commercial of all time (way before we called adds trailers)

Extended add... only posting for dancing Shang Tsung!

It was so great they tried to remake it for mkx, which was good not legendary​

I would love to see a MK1 version of the original live action add...

Last edited:

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
When I tell you I was so excited for MK9, that I literally developed a phobia that I was going to die before it came out.
I actually can relate here. And I'm not being ironic or anything.

Got the same shit if anticipated movie/book/game is announced or when I have flight tickets to some great place bought and there is still some time that needs to pass.

Not sure if it should be medically treated somehow :D

Mortal Kombat 1, followed very closely by Mortal Kombat (2011). I was less affected by the 2011 trailer simply because I hadn't bothered with the franchise since the 90's thanks to the shitty 3D era. After I saw more about the game I started to get excited since it was clearly going "back to it's roots."

Mortal Kombat 11 3rd, and then Mortal Kombat X. Awful music in each.

MK9 by far. On top of the hype of seeing the franchise return to form with 2D (and unexpectedly, considering Midway went bankrupt), I also appreciate that the trailer heavily features gameplay.

I'm not as crazy about the current industry standard of hitting us with only a cinematic and then having to wait an unspecified amount of time to see if the actual game itself looks good.

Has to be Mortal Kombat 9.

It shows gameplay immediately, there's no terrible rap music and it's a return to 2D form. MK1 is definitely the second best but as nice as the cutscenes are, they are still cutscenes.