What's new

Transitioning from Mortal Kombat to Injustice

Anyone else have trouble getting settled and transitioning? I have played MK for years and I feel like I am in identity crisis. I really like Injustice but cannot find my Scorpion. I love a fighter who can both leave the screen for defense reasons (I often played Smoke or Scorpion) and close distance. When I say leave the screen I don't mean literally for example Ares, Shazam. when I say close distance I am speaking of things like getting in there for combos whether it be freezing and closing or using the spear, maybe "Smokey forward, smokey back" Some of the Injustice rosters have one of each so my question to fellow MK fans is who the hell should I take into practice mode and spend hours on as a fan of Scorpion and Smoke??

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Anyone else have trouble getting settled and transitioning? I have played MK for years and I feel like I am in identity crisis. I really like Injustice but cannot find my Scorpion. I love a fighter who can both leave the screen for defense reasons (I often played Smoke or Scorpion) and close distance. When I say leave the screen I don't mean literally for example Ares, Shazam. when I say close distance I am speaking of things like getting in there for combos whether it be freezing and closing or using the spear, maybe "Smokey forward, smokey back" Some of the Injustice rosters have one of each so my question to fellow MK fans is who the hell should I take into practice mode and spend hours on as a fan of Scorpion and Smoke??
I would say Batman but that's just my 2 cents

Play Mortal Kombat if you wanna play Scorpion or Smoke

redeyes

Button Masher
stop getting caught up on oh i want someone like this...

this is a new game branch out and try EVERYONE! and find who feels best for u not who plays like ur MK mains.

D

Deleted member 9158

The main thing I'm having issues with is the timing for some things, and getting used to cancels like the B3, or whatever.

I'm loving it so far though

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
I would say Shazam, but I'm being biased. Just stick with the game, you'll get used to it. The dashing is the most annoying part of the system mechanics imo.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I was a Smoke main since day 1. Got Injustice. The character I feel most comfortable with is Black Adam. I'm not certain of this (i.e. I might be wrong since it's too early to say anything), but he's probably the most similar to Smoke in terms of normals. Sure, his specials are different, but he has B2 3 with, like, identical properties besides the fact that B2 leaves you at -3. And he conditions people to block high, giving you opportunities to exploit high moves. At least, this is how I see it/predict him to be.

Combine that with a ton of set-ups, decent zoning, and cool new specials/divekicks (you can escape using this btw), and you have an awesome character. :)

EternityInBlack

Milly Vanilli
I actually was in the same boat when I started the game, but the funny thing is because I found someone who was "close, but not equal to" the equivalent main I was using in MK, I actually found out the reasons why I mained said character. I suppose I'll offer myself as an example.

My main in MK is Mileena, so naturally I tried to find someone with similar move sets. Because she had a B2 that looked similar to Milly's U4 (or is it U3? I can't remember), what amounts to a neck bite, and several other similar moves, I went to the lab with Catwoman thinking that she would be the one. However, I was gravely mistaken.

The longer I played with Catwoman, the more I found things that I felt were important to me: The flexibility of being able to switch between a rush-down tactic or a keep-away (with projectiles), but heavy on rush-down - nice mix-ups, lots of nice setups, short but effective dashes, able to shorten gaps quick, etc. From there, I am now experimenting on other characters to see where that will take me.

Hope this helps man. Remember: finding a new character to main is part of the fun of the journey!

I actually was in the same boat when I started the game, but the funny thing is because I found someone who was "close, but not equal to" the equivalent main I was using in MK, I actually found out the reasons why I mained said character. I suppose I'll offer myself as an example.

My main in MK is Mileena, so naturally I tried to find someone with similar move sets. Because she had a B2 that looked similar to Milly's U4 (or is it U3? I can't remember), what amounts to a neck bite, and several other similar moves, I went to the lab with Catwoman thinking that she would be the one. However, I was gravely mistaken.

The longer I played with Catwoman, the more I found things that I felt were important to me: The flexibility of being able to switch between a rush-down tactic or a keep-away (with projectiles), but heavy on rush-down - nice mix-ups, lots of nice setups, short but effective dashes, able to shorten gaps quick, etc. From there, I am now experimenting on other characters to see where that will take me.

Hope this helps man. Remember: finding a new character to main is part of the fun of the journey!
I took this and other advice into discussion so far Aquaman and I are getting a long great and he happens to be my fav DC hero so win/ win =D

He doesn't have a closer but if you don't come to him you're dead and when you do come to him he can defend himself well which is what I wanted. I like close range power houses and the long range harass helps it stay close range.

EternityInBlack

Milly Vanilli
I took this and other advice into discussion so far Aquaman and I are getting a long great and he happens to be my fav DC hero so win/ win =D

He doesn't have a closer but if you don't come to him you're dead and when you do come to him he can defend himself well which is what I wanted. I like close range power houses and the long range harass helps it stay close range.
You're welcome! Be sure to visit the Aquaman forums and read up on his BnBs and strategies. The game is pretty fresh right now, so there's a lot of excitement when it comes to discovering every characters' nuances. Admittedly, I discovered some for Catwoman as well. I guess I got a thing for Ms. Kitty hehe

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease

You may know this by now already, but KF is practically Mileena

I always used sindel in mk9 and so far im really loving catwoman in injustice. However im thinking id like to have a different sort if character for my second. Thinking possibly green arrow although I need to play through with everyone first.

skahwt

Noob
The biggest adjustment for me has been no dash cancels. It has been difficult for me to get in especially on characters like Green Lantern who can really blow up jump ins.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
It's funny you mention this because I took her into the lab this weekend! I'm now torn whether or not I should main her.
Well she shares some similarities, but CW has her U3 it just now B2 instead.

Anyway, yeah KF has much of Mileena's blood in her right down to ebing able to finish with her command grab.