What's new

The Final MK9 Tier List (No Order)

LEGEND

YES!
Big disagree on Sektor. Maybe hangs around Rain at the end of A tier.

Stryker's safe Armored Roll alone makes him better than Jade and below.

haketh

Noob
Iirc it was mainly that he had a very small hurtbox which for example let him counterpick Kabal and Johnny but he also had big damage and buttons
It was the Fleece being a theoretical counter pick tool because it was such a strong counter to rush down pressure plus size yeah

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
he does well against Cage and Kabal lolol

and heres my 5 min tier list with lots of research and no input from others, its all my opinion and my opinion is right
View attachment 21556
Id maybe move freddy up a tier, kratos down a tier. If this is ordered, no WAY Reptile is better than Rain and Sektor. Put sektor either at the end of A or first on B tier. Sindel is also better than Quan Chi IMO. Everything else seems perfect.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Id maybe move freddy up a tier, kratos down a tier. If this is ordered, no WAY Reptile is better than Rain and Sektor. Put sektor either at the end of A or first on B tier. Sindel is also better than Quan Chi IMO. Everything else seems perfect.
Freddy Def goes up, only Kabal / S is ordered

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I don’t think Sindel was fully represented to her potential. I really wish mk9 was picked back up in the modern day. Most of us were babies to the FGC back in 2011/2013. Players are wiser, have better execution and more fundamentally.

Now that I’m looking more at it, I think all the mid tiers are actually all under explored aside from mileena and Liu. But low tiers are definitely low tier and top tiers are definitely top tier.

NHDR

Noob
Apart from how broken a few characters are, MK9 is such a solid fighter. I never played it competitively at the time it was active, so its fun to see tier discussions now.

I really wish I knew how to work on/navigate PCs or Id be playing MK9 with supe and whoever else that plays. Seeing MK9 tier lists makes me wanna play with others besides my brother when we are both at home