What's new

Teching throws while blocking low at the same time.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I just saw this yesterday and I have to say its really cool and I hope they keep it in. Adds more depth and layers to the game. Just get good at it. I have been practicing since I saw it.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I don't understand what I'm seeing. How is this different than normal option select throw teching ala SF4?

Skkra

Colt already said it's gonna be fixed in the other thread , calm yo tits.
Can you explain exactly what I'm seeing? What is it here that is different from standard option select throw breaking? What is it that is going to be fixed? Pardon my ignorance.

Crathen

Death is my business
Can you explain exactly what I'm seeing? What is it here that is different from standard option select throw breaking? What is it that is going to be fixed? Pardon my ignorance.
Doing stance change while mashing the throw button allows to tech any throw and at the same time you can either block low by holding down ( or you can block with back in case of overhead ) , pretty much an OS wich kinda eliminates the attack/throw mixup and you would do this whenever you would block anyways.

Some do view OS as lame , personally i don't think this breaks the game but i can see some characters mixup potential being reduced with this.

I'm assuming that they're going to remove the throw tech when you're in the stance change animation , can't tell you more.

Skkra

Doing stance change while mashing the throw button allows to tech any throw and at the same time you can either block low by holding down ( or you can block with back in case of overhead ) , pretty much an OS wich kinda eliminates the attack/throw mixup and you would do this whenever you would block anyways.

Some do view OS as lame , personally i don't think this breaks the game but i can see some characters mixup potential being reduced with this.

I'm assuming that they're going to remove the throw tech when you're in the stance change animation , can't tell you more.
Thank you, sir!

It honestly kinda sounds like same as delayed crouch tech option select throw break from SF4, only using the stance switch instead of just doing delayed staggered throw breaks while crouching and blocking.