What's new

Some info from Kotaku

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
http://kotaku.com/5914902/in-injustice-where-superman-is-standing-matters-a-lot-really

http://kotaku.com/5915087/batman-cant-be-decapitated-in-injustice-because-there-are-limits

That first article gives a little bit more info about how environmental stuff works. Kinda worried about balancing stuff like that a simple description is hard to exactly accept. Have to wait for video examples.

The second article deals with how violence will be handled in game. It's not going to be a bloodfest, but it will be really pushing the limits of insane action.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
so...the stage gimmicks are character dependent? yep, counter stage selects are going to be big in this game

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
If they want it to be competitive, that might need a fix, but it doesn't need competitiveness to be fun. So either way, I'm probably going to love it, unless it's some terrible glitchy mess. But NRS wouldn't do that, now would they?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If they want it to be competitive, that might need a fix, but it doesn't need competitiveness to be fun. So either way, I'm probably going to love it, unless it's some terrible glitchy mess. But NRS wouldn't do that, now would they?
Put it this way... Ed Boon has said it himself that they have tournament players testing the game and he's also mentioned the fact that they are gearing it towards EVO tournaments. Besides hearing about this game being 2D... that's the best thing to possibly here about this game if you ask me.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Put it this way... Ed Boon has said it himself that they have tournament players testing the game and he's also mentioned the fact that they are gearing it towards EVO tournaments. Besides hearing about this game being 2D... that's the best thing to possibly here about this game if you ask me.
Definitely agree on the 2D thing, I love 3D fighters, but 2D is my fave.
I don't know if EVO would accept it with the environment factors, I hope they do and I'm sure the tourney players who are helping to balance this know what they are doing. but the FGC as a whole are really... snappy? Picky? something about this sorta thing

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Definitely agree on the 2D thing, I love 3D fighters, but 2D is my fave.
I don't know if EVO would accept it with the environment factors, I hope they do and I'm sure the tourney players who are helping to balance this know what they are doing. but the FGC as a whole are really... snappy? Picky? something about this sorta thing
Codes to disable the environmental interactions... simple as that.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I thought Tournaments hated codes
it's either that... or have stupid shit affect the fight. *shrug*

They should keep the destructible walls and shit though... I mean, it was pretty cool looking to see batman kick solomon grundy through a freakin skyscrapper lol

Reedoms

Noob
I figure they might have a simple option during stage select that could disable gimmicks. No need to memorize codes and everyone can have fun.