What's new

Smoke General Discussion

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Any kameos combo off a back throw? I get scorp fire to connect sometimes but cant continue after
@ShaolinGunFu
Here’s some throw combos for y’all. There’s a lot more you can do with this team, but just wanted to show that this was possible.

If y’all wouldn’t mind subscribing it’d be greatly appreciated! I’m literally 1 subscriber away from my 2023 goal of getting 100 subs!

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
@ShaolinGunFu
Here’s some throw combos for y’all. There’s a lot more you can do with this team, but just wanted to show that this was possible.

If y’all wouldn’t mind subscribing it’d be greatly appreciated! I’m literally 1 subscriber away from my 2023 goal of getting 100 subs!
Hey I dont really play much Smoke but I like how you seem to breakdown every single possible thing with him so I just subscribed. Keep with the good work, some of us like me who might not post much on some character forums are still curious about said characters regardless.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Hey I dont really play much Smoke but I like how you seem to breakdown every single possible thing with him so I just subscribed. Keep with the good work, some of us like me who might not post much on some character forums are still curious about said characters regardless.
Thanks man that’s much appreciated! I have far more breakdowns of Scorpion though, but have a few Smoke videos as well. Anyway, you were my 100th subscriber! My goal for this year was literally to hit 100 subs off of Elden Ring PvP content and then MK1 content (also threw in a few UMK3 matches). I started at like 14 subs at the beginning of the year. And I don’t even upload as consistently as I should and it’s not like my videos are godlike or anything. So the 100 subscriber goal seemed like it was gonna take forever. But I’m glad I actually accomplished my goal!

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Sorry if I'm late to the party with this, I just found out about it today. But if you want to go invisible and stay grounded and not switch sides, you can just do an ex tele cancel instead of ex smoke bomb

5:40ish if it doesn't start there

Smoke is so wild with khameleon,you can use the full kameo bar in your standard 2 bar bnb that does 503 damage and by the time the combo is done you are at full recharge as if you didnt even use it and the corner carry is full screen length

rifraf

Noob
Hey there Smoke aficionados. I used to main Smoke alongside Sektor back in MK9 and although I understand MK1 is its own game, I still don't feel I can play Smoke the way I would expect to play... Smoke. Does anyone else feels this way?

For example, I would expect to use Smoke's specials like db2, bf3, and db4 to punish projectiles, on reaction. Was the opponent foolish enough to throw a projectile? Punished. Is he moving without dash-blocking? Punished. Those tools above although very cool, are super slow. I can't punish anything on reaction, instead, I need to expect my opponent to throw one out so it doesn't really work. These moves are not worth anyone's time outside of combos and whatnot, imo.

Is this because zoning in this game is not that strong so his anti-zoning tools kinda suck?

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Hey there Smoke aficionados. I used to main Smoke alongside Sektor back in MK9 and although I understand MK1 is its own game, I still don't feel I can play Smoke the way I would expect to play... Smoke. Does anyone else feels this way?

For example, I would expect to use Smoke's specials like db2, bf3, and db4 to punish projectiles, on reaction. Was the opponent foolish enough to throw a projectile? Punished. Is he moving without dash-blocking? Punished. Those tools above although very cool, are super slow. I can't punish anything on reaction, instead, I need to expect my opponent to throw one out so it doesn't really work. These moves are not worth anyone's time outside of combos and whatnot, imo.

Is this because zoning in this game is not that strong so his anti-zoning tools kinda suck?
As with every MK game, the moves and properties change every iteration. Smoke does not play like MK9's smoke at all. This has not much to do with zoning/no-zoning strenght, to be honest. Smoke this time around is focused on kabal-like cancels and 50/50s. MK9 smoke was - as most characters were then - just a broken unbalanced mess with 50/50s, projectiles, fast starters, safe pressure.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper

A raw db2 is useless in neutral, don't ever do it to attempt to counter zoning. It's his most damaging combo ender, that's the purpose it serves in this game. BF3, it's okay for closing distance quickly, but I'd advise against throwing it out without cancelling it. Usually a bf3 cancel into backdash will put you into prime b2 range. A slight step back puts you in position to apply f3 pressure. The tele (db4) is too slow on startup, it has other shenanigans attached to it but we're talking about anti-zoning. Instant air it and cancel it