What's new

Slight corner optimization: rejumps

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Howdy!

So in looking to maximize her damage, I found that in the corner we do more damage by doing (d.ad is down airdash)

1212 j242 d.ad j.2 -> j.242xxbf2/db4

Likewise this means we can also set up optimal damage for a j124 by changing out the j2 for a j1. This can make for some easy kameo confirms in the corner for the extension into j24xxbf2 (or j.242 if you can get them fully above you) or j.242xxdb4.

As an example (assuming cyrax), you can do 1212 j.242 d.ad j.2 -> j.242xxbf2 -> kameo -> j.24xxbf2 for an easy meterless 43%.

Obviously we can also use this to triangle jump midscreen, though the damage is slightly less than optimal through the route 1212 j.24 fd.ad j.1 -> j.242xxbf2 (~37%). Damage wise you’re better off just doing the optimal 1212 j.124 fd.ad 242xxbf2, but the proof of concept is there in case we can figure a way to optimize the midscreen or if we get buffs to some facet of our combo game.

—- j.124 —-
As should go without saying, j.124 is a more difficult string to land later in the combo, but j.1 as your rejump set-up will give you just enough height. This is mainly for easier kameo links since we don’t have to worry about the recovery of bf2 and the distance limiting our kameo options in the corner, but it does generally cost a bit of damage.

For the corner, something like 1212 j.242 d.ad j.1 -> j.124 (kameo) will let a fair amount of the kameos land with easy follow-ups into j.24xxbf2 or j.242xxdb4, and some will let you spice in a blood sacrifice if you feel so inclined.

Midscreen, j.124 as an ender isn’t ideal since most Kameos won’t be able to keep up with it and bf2 is a bit too high to land even off the rejump (which is lower), but you can still do it off of the same general set-up for respectable divekick damage if that’s your goal.

— neutral jump vs forward jump —

Pretty simple stuff but if you’re linking off of j.24, you’ll want to do it off of a neutral jump for the additional height. For j.12, it doesn’t really matter as much but generally forward jump is ideal since you can keep them higher up in the string which is always nice for our links.

So midscreen if you’re doing 1212 j.24 fd.ad j.2, you have to do a neutral jump for the j.24 otherwise your fd.ad j.2 will come out too late to link properly.

If you’re doing 1212 j.12 fd.ad j.1, you can do the forward jump to make the link more consistent since j.1 leaves them higher up.

This obviously also applies in the corner to some degree, you can just neutral or forward jump either, but neutral jump is just a lot more consistent overall.

I’ll do more testing later but this is just a small find to improve our damage. While we already do a ton of damage and don’t really need help in it, the fewer combos we need to land means the less neutral we have to suffer through.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
That combo is known already. At least I think it is. I’ve been doing it for a couple weeks now and Deoxys uses it as well

I don’t recommend it midscreen at all

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That combo is known already. At least I think it is. I’ve been doing it for a couple weeks now and Deoxys uses it as well

I don’t recommend it midscreen at all
Ah okay. I haven’t been watching much dexoys gameplay but I’ll have to keep an eye out for it.

I just didn’t see it posted so figured to do it. As far as midscreen goes yeah I say as much in the post.