What's new

Sektor

Pizza

Thrill Kill
It's Sektor time

By now we have seen two of his special moves, breaker, throw and fatal blow. Only his fatality and one special move are left lol

Breaker:

Special moves:
Teleport Uppercut

Sub-Zero remains still while Sektor performs his move, but he's able to follow up immediately after the opponent is launched.
It's interesting that the teleport uppercut seems to hit slightly behind the opponent, sending them towards you.

Flame Thrower

Geras remains still while Sektor performs his move. In this case it seems like this move is meant to put some space between you and your opponent, could be a good combo ender.

Throw

It leaves you at full screen distance from the opponent. Seems useful for zoners!

What do you think of Sektor so far? Will you team up your main with him?

Agilaz

It has begun
Full screen throw, restand flamethrower, launcher...

And he looks cool as fuck? Yeah he's gonna be in my main rotation for sure, especially when I'm playing a zoner.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Top 1 from kameo roster for now, definitely. I need him in main soooo desperatly.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Really nicely put together thread, love it. Loving the gif's of the moves.

That aside, Sektor looks like an awesome kameo. I was initially a bit annoyed as everything pointed to him being unplayable, but he looks like a SOLID kameo, and definitely one of the top ones for me at the moment. Pretty happy with him so far.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
That restand looks nice. Really curious how closely the hitbox of the flames matches the animation. If it's a close match, seems like it will cover the air pretty well.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Full screen throw, restand flamethrower, launcher...

And he looks cool as fuck? Yeah he's gonna be in my main rotation for sure, especially when I'm playing a zoner.
Yea Sektor might have the most complete set for a defensive/zoner character I've seen so far. Repeating what you already said but-

-Throw leaves them full screen
-Uppercut launches and also tracks
-A Restand

Curious to see what more kameos offer because this might be the first I try barring the frames aren't garbage lol.

Day 1 thought:

Flame thrower does does not have as much coverage as I thought it would, but it's still pretty good

Normal rocket pairs well with any long animation. On a back throw, you can fire the rocket at any time and they just have to hold it. I don't even use homing because firing it at all gets people sweating.

Teleport punch had so much tracking. I'll need to practice converting off of it raw.

All in all, Sektor delivered on the vision. Of course, we'll see how the game evolves, but Sektor is looking nasty for now.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I was disappointed with the flamethrower, but otherwise I enjoyed playing Sektor with Scorpion. I think Cyrax is probably better, but Sektor still seemed really solid.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Not sure if this is known? Obviously it's better to continue the combo there with F34, but in oki situations maybe this is useful?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You can record a neutral jump as a kustom reversal and set the opponent to do it on block. It looks like the missile doesn't really have any advantage once it actually strikes the opponent; they recover almost immediately.

Mandolore1123

You can record a neutral jump as a kustom reversal and set the opponent to do it on block. It looks like the missile doesn't really have any advantage once it actually strikes the opponent; they recover almost immediately.
That’s too bad.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Sektor's assist cooldowns:

Up Missile: 12 seconds
Homing Missile: 24 seconds(12 seconds to get half meter)
Flame Burner: 12 seconds
Tele-Punch: 12 seconds

Mandolore1123

Can someone better at testing than me verify how much block stun up rocket actually has? I swear even if I’m full actionable, when people block up rocket I can’t even jail a 7f high afterwards, much less do a mid

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I found that Sektor's uprocket will hit OTG during certain splats. Facedown feet in the air types. Unfortunately, with the sole exception of Geras' 122, all it will do is pop them up into a block state if they're blocking. I think Geras' works as a combo because he's able to followup his 122 with 3+4 so the opponent is programmed to be unable to block after his.

However I think this will open up great mixup opportunities or maybe tick throws with other characters.

Mandolore1123

Why does up rocket cause ME to get knocked down when it hits the opponent? I can sort of get it if I’m the one combo-in them but when I’m getting combo‘d and up rocket hits the opponent I’m still knocked down and they just get to run offense on me a second time. It makes using up rocket for safety a lot harder and it feels kind of bad when you can’t even effectively interrupt people trying to punish you because they can always just throw you, take the rocket and dash up to meaty you again

While I still wish the first spurt of flamethrower had a hitbox that matched the animation, having the 2nd part come out helps with range and keeping people out, which was what I wanted the move to do from the beginning.