What's new

Sektor in tournaments - where to start?

Luija1006

since 1995
From the beginning I was always attracted to the idea of playing sektor, but for some reason I never did it. I am 2 weeks away from a big tourney in my city and I want to bring a surprise character, apart from my scorpion and reptile, that my main opponents and buddies already know very well. I was in devils digimon so salty room and had the pleasure of watching SonicFox5000 Sektor. Just one word crossed my mind when the round was over: WOW!!!! A flawless victory to a 40000+ KOTH points player just using EX Guided Missile Pressure and a unblockable normal! From that moment I was really interesested in learning Sektor. So what links and threads are useful for beginners? Does Sektor has some tournament value? The main villains in this tournament are Johnny Cage, Subzero, Kung Lao and Reptile players, can Sektor deal with them? Thanks for reading :)

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Sektor has an unblockable normal?

Sektor has 5/5 match ups with the characters you listed. Zone Cage and Reptile out with mainly strait missiles and flame throwers. Sub Zero is all about winning the turtle match, don't follow a pattern or spam anything inparticular. Best way to handle Kung Lao (with any character really) is wait for an opprotunity to punish him, since there are so many.

Sektor is a tournament worthy character that has a highly adjustable playstyle.

Luija1006

since 1995
Sektor has an unblockable normal?

Sektor has 5/5 match ups with the characters you listed. Zone Cage and Reptile out with mainly strait missiles and flame throwers. Sub Zero is all about winning the turtle match, don't follow a pattern or spam anything inparticular. Best way to handle Kung Lao (with any character really) is wait for an opprotunity to punish him, since there are so many.

Sektor is a tournament worthy character that has a highly adjustable playstyle.
It was some move that sektor pushed his hands against the character and some flashes appeared in the screen lol

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Yea, haha. His b1, and f2 into b1 end with the flash that you have discribed. B1 is safe on block and hits ducking opponents. f2,b1 is very unsafe on block. Neither are unblockable. I wish they were... we can dream though.

As far as Sektor in tournaments goes, I'm unconvinced. I'm going to be taking him to a tournament next Saturday and will be reporting back (maybe with some video), but I still have my doubts weather he can win out against the strongest characters played by the strongest players.

As for getting started, you should read through all the sticky-ed threads, as well as Sektor's Lack of Fuel. And of course, SwiftTomHank's In-depth Sektor Tutorial Video is required watching.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
As far as Sektor in tournaments goes, I'm unconvinced. I'm going to be taking him to a tournament next Saturday and will be reporting back (maybe with some video), but I still have my doubts weather he can win out against the strongest characters played by the strongest players.

As for getting started, you should read through all the sticky-ed threads, as well as Sektor's Lack of Fuel. And of course, SwiftTomHank's In-depth Sektor Tutorial Video is required watching.
If you get some vids I'd love to see them..

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
I've done pretty good with Sektor. Ive won 2 local tournaments with some very good players, and I came in 3rd at Ark 4. Should have beat J Wong in the winners finals but my nerves shut down when I was up 2-0 with 1 hit to go to advance to the grand finals. You guys dont know about me yet but I will be at Battle for th South and Final Round. Would be cool to meet some of you guys there.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

i've defeated mustards cyrax and foxygrampas kung lao to win tournaments here. He's easily tournament viable.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I've done pretty good with Sektor. Ive won 2 local tournaments with some very good players, and I came in 3rd at Ark 4. Should have beat J Wong in the winners finals but my nerves shut down when I was up 2-0 with 1 hit to go to advance to the grand finals. You guys dont know about me yet but I will be at Battle for th South and Final Round. Would be cool to meet some of you guys there.
Yeah you have a pretty good sektor. I enjoyed watching those vids from ark.