What's new

[Request] Brainiac for DLC!

Would you like Brainiac to be DLC?

• Total voters

Eddyward

Mortal

Brainiac is a super-intelligent alien being from the planet Colu who has fought Superman many times. Extremely advanced mental abilities that have allowed him to work through numerous robotic and even human proxies make him a dangerously formidable opponent. It is difficult to tell whether you're dealing with the original Brainiac, or one of his drones. His obsession with knowledge has led him to shrink down many cities to bottle size for transportation on his Skull Ship, including Kandor on Krypton. He is a frequent ally of Lex Luthor and has been a member of the Anti-Justice League. Brainiac was created by Otto Binder and Al Plastino, first appearing in Action Comics #242. (1958)

Brainiac's powers include:
  • Psychokinesis
  • Superhuman Strength
  • Telepathy
  • Telekinesis
  • Possession
  • Replication
  • Computer Operation
  • Enhanced Intellect
  • Hand-to-Hand Combat
Moveset: How would Brainiac fight?
Brainiac could be a defensive zoner that utilizes replications, drones, and psychokinetic traps to mix up his opponent and deliver devastating damage when he opens up the opponent. With his superhuman strength, Brainiac could have heavy, impactful normals. I made sure that Psychokinesis came up in his specials, as I believe it's one of his most interesting powers.​

• TRAIT - Replication: Similar to Morrigan's Astral Vision, Brainiac could replicate himself on the other side of the opponent, duplicating his attacks. I made this his trait because it would be insane without a cooldown as a normal special.
  • SUPER - Skull Ship: Brainiac's super would be a great way of bringing his signature Skull Ship into the game.
  • Psychokinetic Traps: Ground traps that force opponents to walk towards or away from him. Good for opening the opponent up to combos.
  • Possession: Meter burned version of Brainiac's Psychokinetic Traps, turning his traps into command grabs that stun the opponent by forcing them to walk towards or away from him. Great as a combo extender if you make them walk towards him, or a combo finisher if you choose to make them walk away from him.
  • Robot Army: The heart of Brainiac's zoning comes from his ability to summon machine aliens and drones from his robotic army. By attacking from different angles, Brainiac's robots can be devastating when mixed with his slow-striking normals, psychokinetic traps, and especially his replication trait. When meter burned, Brainiac's robots gain the ability to:
    • Transform into independent firing turrets
    • Cause ground & wall bounces
    • Juggle opponents by pushing them away or throwing them towards Brainiac
    • Grab stun the opponent
Without meter, Brainiac's robots are great zoning tools that mix-up the opponent and work as great combo finishers. When meter burned, Brainiac's robots can work as combo extenders. Summoning turrets is a great way of allowing Brainiac to use his replication to its full potential, effectively turning him into a mix-up, zoning monster. Turrets could also push back the opponent far enough into a psychokinetic trap, forcing them into a dangerous position.

Overall, I would describe his moveset as a mix between Black Adam (traps/normals), Raven (combo extension/meter burns), and Lex Luthor (mix-ups/zoning). Maybe even a little bit like Magneto in MvC3. However, I think his turrets and replication add a lot of depth to him, building an even more unique playstyle.

What do you say: Brainiac for DLC? How is this moveset for him?​

Eddyward

Mortal
I like designing movesets lol. A lot of this was just simple copying and pasting pictures/information from the DC wiki. The only thing I spent a lot of time on was the moveset, which was the fun part. :p

LEGEND

YES!
Brianiac is one of, if not my favorite DC villain. Would love it if he somehow made it in as DLC

I just can't really think of how he would play

HammerZeit88

Just some guy searching for a main
If the 24 man roster is any indication of how they are balancing the Heroes and Villains(which stands at 12 for each if you consider Catwoman a villain) than it would make sense that the DLC characters would have 2 each as well. And I can't really come up with 2 bigger named DC villains, as a casual fan of comics, that are not all ready on the roster than Brainiac(Darkseid is the only other one I can think of). So I think he should be DLC. But thats just me so let the flaming begin.

Eddyward

Mortal
Brianiac is one of, if not my favorite DC villain. Would love it if he somehow made it in as DLC

I just can't really think of how he would play
I added a picture in the original post that portrays some of the inspiration for the moveset I made. What do you think?

I made sure that Psychokinesis was a primary special in his moveset, as well as extensive use of his Robot Army.

LEGEND

YES!
There is good stuff here
-
He just has so many forms and uses of his power, i'd hate for him to be a simple trap and set-up character like Lex turned out to be

You know, besides Black Manta, I would really love for him to be the other villain in the Pass(the first technically being Lobo). He could be cool, it is just hard to imagine him playing that much differently than Lex.... I like the idea of summoning drones/robot doubles, and LOVE the skull ship being incorporated into a super (maybe slap a homing device on the opponent that beams them up in front of the ship and it goes to town on them with tentacles/lasers?). But still, like I said, he seems like he'd play a lot like Lex. Heavy but slow normals, a lot of traps and such. I'm divided. But I still enjoy Brainiac. One of Supes best villains, by far.

I'm excited for Superman: Unbound.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm pretty sure the DLC characters have already been decided and created, which is why they are revealing one on Monday. Soooooooooooo yeah, you could just wait and see. If not, then maybe this thread will be viable again and you can try to petition for a second batch of DLC.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
I'm surprised Brainiac wasn't already chosen to be in the game. When I think of Superman villains Brainiac, Lex Luthor, and Doomsday come to mind.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Would anyone else like to see Brainiac included as a DLC character? I think his character could add some unique possibilities to the game.

I fear that some of the remaining DLC characters will be sidekicks i.e Robin, Supergirl, etc.

ZootSuitCat

12th Level Intellect
He is a popular and well known character, and I'm frankly surprised that people haven't been asking for him. I haven't noticed many villain requests at all.
And yes, I know: we already have 3 Superman villains in the game. But unlike most of the Bat characters, every one of the Superman villains has a unique power set.
Brainiac is an advanced 12th level intellect, with access to an arsenal of advanced weapons, including force fields, shrink rays, and various WMDs. He has a freaking cool spaceship shaped like a giant skull with destructive capabilities, which can be used in his super. His various incarnations range from a super computer to an advanced alien being, and in some incarnations he has tentacles which could give him a unique fighting style. For a superhero/villain game, Injustice is sorely lacking a robot type character, and I think Brainiac would be perfect for that role.

Wigy

There it is...
Advanced weapons? So zod and cyborg?
Forcefields? Okay this is legit
Shrink rays? lolno that would dumb
WMD's? Apart from his super this would not fit into his fighting style in any way.
Spaceship? Again no place in a fighting game, maybe his super?
Tentacles? So long floppy arms? MMH has that base covered?
How is super intelligence going to do anything in a fighting game?

I don't want anything superman related kthx.