What's new

Tech - Hellfire Post-combo tech to stuff armored reversals

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
I'll get straight to it.

For any combo that has a flame aura at the end, you can end it like this: FA, b12xxTP. From there, you do a slightly delayed 214xxFBC, and if done right the ticks from flame aurawill eat armor in as early as the first frame. Using this, you can stuff any armored reversal in the game excluding Multi-armor attacks like punchwalk and X-ray.

214 will stuff any reversal that does not have crouch properties, and b121 will stuff the ones that do. I was able to stuff reptile's EX slide which is 6 frames and has crouch properties from the first frame, using b1. Remember 214 is still a hitconfirmable combo starter.

If you can't get it to work, delay the 214 after teleport for a few frames. Not by much. Try it for yourself.

I may do a video later, I just wanted to post this.

Hades

Noob
Good to see you putting in work with this character. I picked him up just before he was nerfed and was pretty gutted about his pressure being changed so much but your positive posting into this community is making me want to play scorpion again. Good shit

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Yeah all this new tech just goes to show how amazing hellfire really is. None of this tech was needed before because of his exploitable blockstring covered everything with absolutely no risk to Scorpion.

I laugh at all the people who say he's unviable post-nerf. He still has the best pressure, or should I say he NOW has the best pressure, because guaranteed no-risk blockstring isn't pressure, it's cheese.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Already been looking into this, although keeping an eye an flame aura ticks between so many variants of pressure strings is no easy feat. But I suppose that works both ways for your opposition.

Whilst you're still at plus frames, the 123 string is also very good at eating up armor that doesn't mechanically high crush, I've found.

But sure, video demonstration wouldn't go a miss. :p

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Already been looking into this, although keeping an eye an flame aura ticks between so many variants of pressure strings is no easy feat. But I suppose that works both ways for your opposition.

Whilst you're still at plus frames, the 123 string is also very good at eating up armor that doesn't mechanically high crush, I've found.

But sure, video demonstration wouldn't go a miss. :p
The setup I posted is the most consistent way I could find to stuff armor. Against characters who don't have crouching/multi armored reversals (or parries) this basically allows you to not worry about armor at all. In those matchups the only thing you even have to think about is their d1 which is very rarely used after FBC reps.

Thing about hellfire is the more you know the MU the better you can apply pressure. If I had known I could empty jump over all of Kenshi's armor yesterday I would not have done those risky teleports in that video.

But I have been through the entire cast and all variations now and I know what I can and can't beat. That info is all in my other topic.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Nice, I'm working on a non flame aura guide for beating all amoured reversals so our videos would make a good pair. It really bugs me you can't do two flame auras in one combo anymore :(

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Nice, I'm working on a non flame aura guide for beating all amoured reversals so our videos would make a good pair. It really bugs me you can't do two flame auras in one combo anymore :(
Yeah, it's balls because FA is a fantastic combo starter, as well as a powerful combo from f4. This tech requires you to save it til the end.

We should share ideas before you finish that video. Just in case I or someone else has anything to add that you might have forgotten. I'll do the same.

JTB123

@Triplswing Well what I'm doing right now is going through ways Scorpion can punish every armoured reversal in the game out of 214 FBC pressure, it will cover both forward and back dash options. This will cover you if you want to use aura at the beginning of a combo instead, I'm hoping to have the video up tonight. It's not that tough it's just one of those videos that will take a while.

I'm double testing all my stuff now but I'm pretty sure Scorpion has at least one option, whether flame aura is active or not to blow up every single armoured reversal in the game from 214 FBC pressure. In a way I actually think this nerf has made 214 pressure better, your opponent now has a reason to challenge you whereas before they simply didn't have any option other than block.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
@Triplswing Well what I'm doing right now is going through ways Scorpion can punish every armoured reversal in the game out of 214 FBC pressure, it will cover both forward and back dash options. This will cover you if you want to use aura at the beginning of a combo instead, I'm hoping to have the video up tonight. It's not that tough it's just one of those videos that will take a while.

I'm double testing all my stuff now but I'm pretty sure Scorpion has at least one option, whether flame aura is active or not to blow up every single armoured reversal in the game from 214 FBC pressure. In a way I actually think this nerf has made 214 pressure better, your opponent now has a reason to challenge you whereas before they simply didn't have any option other than block.
I was doing the same thing earlier today. I tested, I think, 4 options in terms of stuffing reversals. I didn't think to test all the reversals that can be interrupted with 11, though. I imagine that would be everything over 9 frames that doesn't high-crush.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/list-of-armored-reversals-that-beat-214xxfbc-forward-jump-teleport-on-block.53748/

JTB123

I was doing the same thing earlier today. I tested, I think, 4 options in terms of stuffing reversals. I didn't think to test all the reversals that can be interrupted with 11, though. I imagine that would be everything over 9 frames that doesn't high-crush.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/list-of-armored-reversals-that-beat-214xxfbc-forward-jump-teleport-on-block.53748/
I'm going through everything at the moment, back dashs, forward dashes, jumps etc. So far I have not found a reversal that beats all of scorpions options. It turns his pressure into something much more complicated from both the scoprion players and opponents point of view. That said your opponent will have to know what Scorpions options are, he has far more agasint some moves / characters than others.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
I'm going through everything at the moment, back dashs, forward dashes, jumps etc. So far I have not found a reversal that beats all of scorpions options. It turns his pressure into something much more complicated from both the scoprion players and opponents point of view. That said your opponent will have to know what Scorpions options are, he has far more agasint some moves / characters than others.
Well just from the tests I did I can say for sure there is no reversal that stuffs everything. Closest things to that are Tempest Lao's cyclone which is unsafe, MoS Ermac's vanish which costs bar and you can punish with flame aura, or Displacer Raiden's Sparkport, which is hard to punish but does no damage and will take a hit to his armor on startup.