What's new

Pop Facts Episode: Ed Boon's Voice Cameos in Mortal Kombat and Beyond

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
You Mortal Kombat fanatics are all too familiar with one part of the history...the man behind it all, Ed Boon, provided the awesome voice-acting for Scorpion's symbolic quote, "Get over here!" What some of you may not have realized is that Mr. Boon provided the voice for phenoms outside of his favorite Mortal Kombat character. Intrigued? Perhaps this episode from Pop Facts will be better able to explain than I. Check out this short clip and impart your thoughts!

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/84lkz0/pop-facts-mortal-kombat--ed-boon-cameos

Also, Ed throws out another fun fact on his public Twitter account, seen below. This may answer a burning question for those who draw comparisons between the SNES and Sega Genesis versions of the first Mortal Kombat title that led to the franchise as we know it today.

Ed Boon Twitter Fact.png

Attachments

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Awesome! I remember that have SNES version always wondered, why does he just say "Come Here"! lol

E

Eldriken

That's pretty interesting to know. Never would have guessed.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
To the comments on Twitter to that where it got to where people were talking about the Genesis version possibly having more memory because Scorpion says both there... NO... it's because the SNES color palette and graphics were superior to the Genesis and took up more space so the Genesis palettes allowed for more sounds to be in the game.

I guess only programmers understand this stuff >_<