What's new

Player or Ranked matches which do you prefer?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
My schedule (40 hour work week, plus having a wife and child) take up most of my time so online is my only option which is usually a couple times during the week. So I'm learning on my own pace (very slowly I think lol). I created this thread to see which mode provided a better learning experience. :)
And I told you which one did. So what's the problem?

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Yeah blame all those "spamming" moves on the netcode. No way you got outplayed, its all fault of the terrible netcode...
I call it spamming because it is, certain things online for people, like myself, are delayed beyond even sensible reaction time. I basically have roughly 1 second of delay when I play online, as do many others. So basically if a move comes out faster then my internet can react, it will hit. Try dodging any long range attack from Nightwing/Aquaman/Deathstroke/Doomsday with a second delay.

It may be different for others, but my point is online the game is vastly different then offline, certain tactics or abusable moves become even more abusable online and some people simply cannot react to things. It is certainly not the best place to learn.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Wow hostile much? Time to use the ignore feature for this guy.
Am I being trolled? I have to be... lol. Your post quoting mine made no sense. I never questioned your intentions of creating the thread or said not to play online. Either you're a very paranoid melodramatic nutcase, I'm being trolled, or you just suck at reading.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Maybe my internet is weird but I find ranked matches within 10 seconds, but KOTH's or player matches in rooms it takes like 2 minutes then tells me the game session was lost. So ranked or private match only work for me.

hecta

Noob
I played ranked the last 2 days because of the daily challenges, but it's not worth it so far. Atleast half of the people I win against ragequit and you get an automatic lose. Good luck racking up streaks for the challenge.

I tried filing the complaint dialog -> quit early to avoid the player, but I still get matched up against one guy 3 times in a row.

PRS

Xbl: dem0neyes
Wow hostile much? Time to use the ignore feature for this guy.
If i had to take a guess with what u replied to quoting what he said with it made no sense to quote him. I guess it looked as tho u were questioning what he said or something which is wrong to b/c u didn't even comment on anything he said. Internet misunderstandings are fun

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I have the most fun in training mode this early in the game. I have Like 1 person on my friends list that has a connection that is playable. Problem is I cant search for training partners so I usually just player match or scout lounges for people to play but that is a chore with the filtering system.

Anyone close to MI and wants to practice please add me.
XBL: Sutter Pain

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Start networking and be social with good players.

With that said, 1v1 player matches
This is the first community I've had luck in with networking and finding people that aren't anti social when I've reached out with a friend request or send out game invites. Its just frustrating that Im in Japan isolated from 95% of the community.

Using this process though Ive been able to run sets with a handful of individuals from these forums and have lucked out in finding that the connection isn't unplayable.

I do greatly appreciate the individuals that have given it a shot with the "international guy" and hope to find more people to regularly run sets with.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I prefer Player due to the ability to re-match.. However it takes forever to find a match.. People always declining due to my win amount
:(

So ranked it is for now

I've spent most of my time with ranked matches. I think I'm at about 200 or so now and I think I've only had 3 rage quitters and that was during the first few days. It's not actually anywhere close to as bad as some people make it sound.

And to be perfectly honestly I play what a lot of people would consider a very "cheap" Doomsday so I actually always think people will rage quit.