What's new

General/Other My pre-EVO "help me not look like a fool in vegas" Raiden thread.

Sup guys, I have asked some of this stuff in other threads scattered around tym throughout the year, but I am going to make 1 thread to try and get some advice so I dont get bodied to hard at EVO.

Ok, off the top of my head. I know its OP online, but I HATE getting locked down to half string, crossover, repeat spam. What is raidens best option here. Say its KL, hes doing the punch punch crossover repeat BS, I dont want to try to read the crossover or poke him, because if im wrong I'll get blown up. Is Raidens d1 reliable against people crossing over? A while back I remember people suggesting standing 1, but that seems really unreliable/not worth the risk. Teleport escaping doesn't work because when getting crossed up teleport puts you right into their fist.

B Pryme

Noob
Hey Joe, its Brent. You have a great raiden and your fundamentals are amazing. One thing you can do with raiden to avoid cross ups is his enhanced shocker, if they're crossing you up, you have to do reverse button input. It wastes a bar but if you watch raiden gods such as B Wizz you will see it work. Raiden's down 1 is pretty garbage so you could block the oth punch and footsie your way out of it with down 3 towards 2 4 string or whatever. Hope this helps buddy and well definitely get more casuals in.

Yep more casuals for sure, fathers day messes up this sunday, maybe we can try for monday or something.

K I'll try to bust out the ex shocker more. I suppose if you time the input wrong ex VB will come out which would still work. You guys blow me up with crossovers all the time to haha.

B Pryme

Noob
I'm down for whenever. We can get small tourneys going or whatever we need. Work on that ex shocker like you said, if anything it will help condition your opponent to not cross you up. I think you can quickly reverse the superman input as well, it may not hit though (haven't tested it), and it will bring you away from your opponent.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I do d1 anti air into super man a lot. You can do more but that's what i'm comfortable with. If i don't want to take any risks i'll just teleport when they are trying to cross me up. If you do it at the right time you won't get hit at all. Also EX shock does work.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
If you're on the offensive and you believe someone will attempt to cross you up after a blocked string you can always cancel into a vicinity blast. As for someone just being able to jump over you...well you shouldn't allow that if you play a solid footsie game.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
you can d1, dash 1~shocker, 334, superman if when they jump they are right next to you, but it requires precision. If you want to be safe, ex-shocker is the way to go. It's so easy to do. Just practice it for like 10 minutes and you'll get it down. If you do get the ex-shocker, then do this combo... ex-shocker, 1~vb, dash 334, superman. Both combos are 30%-ish

TargetAudience

Burn_the_ city
it's not just how fast the move is that matters, it's also the hitbox

then again i don't know how good raiden's d1 is for anti cross ups, but the hitbox doesn't look too juicy
Thanks... And yeah it seems like d1 has short range.
raiden seems very slow overall idk why every tho wanted him nerf cuz he has too fast?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Thanks... And yeah it seems like d1 has short range.
raiden seems very slow overall idk why every tho wanted him nerf cuz he has too fast?
That was just some complaining about his teleport being too fast. It's fine. People just became prisoners of the moment at the time. Teleport is still really good.