What's new

MK2 Rare Developer cabinet/board anyone else see this?

A little over a week ago I was searching online for MK boards and came across a posting on CL for $2500 for a MK2 dedicated cab that was used at Midway apparently and used by developers during fine tuning for revision updates.

The listing had a pic of the cabinet and of the board and showed the extra connections on it for computer access connections to link up for direct access/info writing capabilities and such straight from computer to board.

I wrote the seller on it and he wrote me this:

Hello,

Unfortunately this particular cabinet is no longer available. Two of the developers I worked with back at Midway got into a bid war and it took off from there.

For curiosity's sake: This was not a typical MK2 / UMK3 cabinet, it was a development/debug version and contained all of the revision 2.1+ content from MK2 as well as allowing console access via a developer board unique to this cabinet.

-------------------

Too bad two of the former developers caught wind of this being for sale and snagged it :(. I wrote him about any other revision info particularly UMK3 Wavenet, but haven't heard anything regarding my inquiry.

I should've saved the photos on the listing since he sold it, he deleted the CL ad and pics are gone now.

Did anyone else see this besides me?