What's new

Meter Building

themule

Noob
Does every special build the same amount of meter?
Most of them seem to take about 12-13 uses to build a bar of meter. The only ones I've noticed that are different are Deathstrokes air guns.

You have to deal about 112% damage to build one bar.

Taking about 28% damage builds one bar.

Blocked attacks build meter differently than in MK9. It's tied to the amount of chip damage done instead of getting a certain for each hit blocked. Doing about 25% chip builds one bar.

Ares build meter with his trait. Same as a special, about 12 uses to build a bar. I don't know of any other characters that can build trait with meter.

Anyone know of any other way to build meter, either character specific or general mechanics?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
No. Multi-hit specials build more meter.

I love using nightwings staff spin to build insane meter. If your character has any sort of multi-hit special, they will build more meter. Most of the time multi hit specials are not comboable unless you spend meter tho.

themule

Noob
No. Multi-hit specials build more meter.

I love using nightwings staff spin to build insane meter. If your character has any sort of multi-hit special, they will build more meter. Most of the time multi hit specials are not comboable unless you spend meter tho.
Yeah, specials do way more chip than normals for some reason. So if the opponent's blocking a lot of them you can build a ton of meter. Ares straight axe can build something like a third of a bar if you space it right. Deathstroke can use ex-gunshot 5 times in a row if it's blocked