What's new

Johnny Cage's Nut Punch on Female Characters

Does anyone remember which game Johnny's nut punch was first usable on female opponents? This was not possible in the original trilogy, and I first recall it being a thing in Mortal Kombat (2011). I can't recall from Mortal Kombat 4 or the 3D era games.

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
It was usable on Kitana in MKSM
I had strictly fighting games in mind, but, i suppose, this is the right answer, if you want to be pedantic. But as far as FG's go - it's 9, yes. It's a pretty neat detail, when you think about it, one of many reasons MK didn't go proper competitive for so many years (and, lowkey, i liked it that way).

I had strictly fighting games in mind, but, i suppose, this is the right answer, if you want to be pedantic. But as far as FG's go - it's 9, yes. It's a pretty neat detail, when you think about it, one of many reasons MK didn't go proper competitive for so many years (and, lowkey, i liked it that way).
My original question was meant to the fighting games themselves as opposed to the adventure games. Still, very cool to know.

It was 9. We did get it working in MK2 TE though. He also couldn't nutpunch his mirror in mk1 lol
That's right, I'd forgotten about his mirror match.

My fiance and I were watching footage from the original trilogy, and she couldn't believe Johnny couldn't nut punch the ladies.

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
To be extra pedantic, you could use it on Mileena in MK2, if Shang morphed into her. She would be stuck on a hit animation perpetually until hit again or the timer ran out.
I have never tried this... i have to now.
the weird green uppercut he has was the "split punch" he does a split during the animation
Which is a 3D take on Rising Star (which he already had since MK2), not Nut Punch.