What's new

It's rated "T" but so are the Arkham games!

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Who fucking cares. Seriously. If it's a good game, it's a good game. I don't give a flying fuck about fatalities; they lose their appeal by the 20th time you've seen them entirely. "Oh no! My character doesn't look like he fell face first into a meat grinder after being hit twice in that round!"

Espio

Kokomo
Thank you for making this thread, mature rating does not make a good fighter.

What made Mortal Kombat good (at least MK9 anyway) wasn't the gore or fatals, it was the gameplay of MK9, not to mention MK is one of the only fighting game franchises to include a mature rating and major gore.

The game looks gritty and awesome with its teen rating and if it's fun and addicting like MK9, I'm satisfied.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
every other fighter currently out there (marvel, soul calibur, kof, sf, tekken, doa,) are all rated T lol

MK9 is rated M, and 95% of us use the NO BLOOD code.
Fatalities get old after 2 months
I guess. I have a right to complain then... I always use Klassic Music. =)

I still wouldn't complain though... lol. As long the game is good blood and gore are whatever.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I don't care about the rating either. IF, and that's a big if, they can pull off the cinematic, epic look of this game and it not be broken as fuck...count me in.

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Im afraid not of the lack of gore from the T rating, but of what the T rating implies. it implies that, naturally, the game will be projected towards a teen demographic. And unfortunately for us, teens dont really give a damn about valuable gameplay mechanics or tournament viability. Its closer to a "family fun" game than it is a "serious and dark" game that the trailer implies.

MKvDC was so badly "refined" for a younger demographic that it ruined the game for die hard fans. That and numerous other problems like infinites and gimmicky gameplay features. (If Free-fall kombat makes a comeback....)

Im just hoping that NRS takes this game seriously, and project it towards competitive players, and not only the casual market.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Im afraid not of the lack of gore from the T rating, but of what the T rating implies. it implies that, naturally, the game will be projected towards a teen demographic. And unfortunately for us, teens dont really give a damn about valuable gameplay mechanics or tournament viability. Its closer to a "family fun" game than it is a "serious and dark" game that the trailer implies.

MKvDC was so badly "refined" for a younger demographic that it ruined the game for die hard fans. That and numerous other problems like infinites and gimmicky gameplay features. (If Free-fall kombat makes a comeback....)

Im just hoping that NRS takes this game seriously, and project it towards competitive players, and not only the casual market.
None of what you've said refers to anything revolving around a Teen rating. MKvDC was bad because it was a badly made fighting game.

Think about it like movies. M = R Rated. Teen = Teen/PG-13. The Dark Knight was an amazing, dark movie, but it wasnt rated R. It was rated PG-13. It doesnt matter what a game is rated for whatever quality the game is. This game can be dark as hell without one drop of blood, not to mention one great fighting game.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

that isn't' at all how the ratings are used.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Dude what are you talking about. Every other fighter but MK is T. Skullgirls which was made by a fighting game player for fighting game players, and yet it was still T. Tekken, which is always projected toward the competitive fighting demographic as well. MK being gory did not make it projected towards competitive players, hell the gore actually porjects it towards Teens even MORE than a T rating. It is not an Mk game, it will not be M. It can still be a good fighter, jesus christ.

It doesn't really matter to me, I just really hope the Comedian is in.

I stopped doing fatalities 2 months into MK, I always try and do the no blood code, and it doesn't really matter to me. T rating all the way, baby!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You guys misread me. I didnt say it WILL be bad because of its T rating. Im saying im afraid it MIGHT be too...i dunno...kiddie? There is a large difference. Chill guys lol, after that IGN thing you guys are really raring to go!

Zoidberg747
STB CharlieMurphy
Tim Static
But how can you say that just because it has a T rating? Just because there won't be too much blood?(There was blood in the trailer)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
M rated = "HEY MOM AND DAD! I NEED THIS GAME TO BRUTALLY EVISCERATE MY 8 YEAR OLD FRIENDS!" C'mon, we were all guilty of it as kids, if anything an M rating guarantees MORE casual players due to the gore gimmicks.