What's new

issue with the game (IMO)

My biggest issue as a long time NRS fan and fighting game player (but mainly NRS) besides the gameplay being so bland in comparison to mk9, x, and even injustice (not even gonna mention games with sauce like marvel, xrd or dbfz ) is the lack of mids, lows and overheads that are fast enough to contest the ugly play style modern nrs games promotes. Every character in the game should have at the very least a 12 frame mid and even that isn't fast enough to contest players who like to mash a poke after buttons that are -5. So many characters can’t do anything but poke back thats such an ugly way to play. There are like 3 characters out of 30 off the top of my head that have a 9 or 10 frame mid or low to contest the absurd mashing this game promotes. I get that they made a lot of money off mk11, a game literally designed for bad players to get chance after chance after chance but if you are going to have all of these safeguards on set play at least give us good mids bro.

He said you're too old to start a sentence with Bro. I'm dying. You gotta be a teenager.

Also, try backdashing and whiff punishing? Throwing? Armor? Punishing the poke? A lot of them are >-8f on block. Most characters do have a ~12f mid, as well.

Poking when barely negative is a viable strategy if you think the opp is gonna do something not real, like a high that doesnt jail or something dumber, like a jump or what have you.

As a Dark Souls nerd, I must implore you to git gud and also allow you to know your status as, "scrub."

Last edited:

CanoCano

Noob
I do agree that Mids should be sped up but it seems like your complaint comes from not understanding how frame data and NRS games work, this isn't unique to MK11/MK12 anyways

If you are minus then it is no longer your turn, you can still do stuff like a frametrap or backdash or Kameo call but your opponent still has the advantage, on top of that as state earlier most pokes in the game are minus or punisheable so blocking is also a good option

For a long time D1 > Stormcell was a strong pressure option with Raiden even tho D1 is minus, that is because Stormcell frametraps off of D1 and thus will beat any reversal options from the opponent. Ofc there aren't many frametrap options like Stormcell but simply doing them will help you out with being poked after a minus attack

Last edited:

CanoCano

Noob
Would you mind telling me your main? Maybe i could at least give you advice on how to deal with that kind of stuff

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Why does everybody here love to dunk on each other in a condescending dickheadish way?

Bro made a point which I think makes sense, a lot of characters have a weak mid that can’t check pokers. You’re forced to out poke or poke punish and most of the time when you’re playing randoms or kl you spend a few games adjusting to their poke tendencies or you spam pokes yourself.

Which is fair. But it seems most of the now agreed upon top characters have a great mid to enforce ie: Liu, Tanya, Johnny, Lao.

Yeah I agree about the mids. MK1 really addressed the mashing issue that previous titles like mk11 were plagued with by making pokes more negative, BUT the game's netcode is so shitty that mashing pokes is for sure still "viable" online. It can be really frustrating.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Why does everybody here love to dunk on each other in a condescending dickheadish way?
Sociological speaking, to gatekeep. Its to test one's mettle to see if theyre worth one's time. I see your point, and I see why Mike came at him condescending. If the OP formatted his gripe in a different fashion, he would have received a better response. Most people will help someone who approaches from an angle of humility.

CanoCano

Noob

Bro made a point which I think makes sense, a lot of characters have a weak mid that can’t check pokers. You’re forced to out poke or poke punish and most of the time when you’re playing randoms or kl you spend a few games adjusting to their poke tendencies or you spam pokes yourself.

Which is fair. But it seems most of the now agreed upon top characters have a great mid to enforce ie: Liu, Tanya, Johnny, Lao.
Besides what Son ov Timett said, i think it could've helped if OP had asked for help on dealing with this stuff