What's new

Injustice Gods Among Us online tournaments?? Where's the love?

Johnny_C4ge

A-Lister
I've been frothing at the mouth for gamebattles to open up online ladders for Injustice: Gods Among Us on XBOX 360, however nothing seems to have happened. I did some digging and saw that they DO have Mortal Kombat, but only for PlayStation 3. Are there any other online tournament sites out there that support Injustice? Everything else I looked up on google only seemed to support your typical COD or Halo or Madden games. Where's the online love for fighting games? If anyone could point me in the right direction please let me know. Perhaps maybe TYM could become one of those type of sites some day, where they have an entire season with ladders and tournaments for Injustice? Maybe someone out there just has to pioneer this thing to get it going, because I know once a legit online season starts up for Injustice, it will prove to other sites like MLG and GameBattles that fighters ARE relevant.

Anyways, if I could get some help on finding online tournaments for Injustice on XBOX 360 I'd be grateful. Thanks!

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
The lack of love is due to the fact that due to the nature of netcode barring a few exceptions(Skullgirls, V. Sav, MVC2, maybe SFxT) fighting games change too radically online to be useful as competition. Unlike Madden or Halo or COD or Starcraft or League of Legends, which not only adapt but are designed with online latency in mind, the difference between online and offline in Injustice renders player skill a fairly moot point.

Due to the fluctuating input delay and the massive degree to which input delay makes certain moves, characters, and strategies wildly more powerful than in offline play online is little more than a fun diversion and a way to see how certain characters roughly function and the nature of certain matchups in extremely broad strokes.

But the complete lack of ability to punish, to block on reaction, to anti-air, or to do optimized combos in this netcode mean that online play is really unsuited as a competitive tool.