What's new

Injustice angry fan review

Trekiros

Probably a lunatic
Before we get started, don't get me wrong : I love Injustice already and I'm having a ton of fun playing it. The meter is used in a very smart way, the roster is incredibly well balanced and designed for the first game of a franchise, the training room is almost perfect, and the feels of shouting 'cus I'm Batman' or singing Aquaman's rousing song of heroism to some random dude you just beat over XBL is priceless.

But. There are a couple things we have to make sure they get right next time around. These little things that would make me rate this game no more than 70/100 if I was to review it correctly. And if a rant thread can help, then I'll gladly participate.

1) Another fucking cheating IA ? Seriously ? I can name at least 3 fighting games released more than ten years ago that used better IA than this. Now, this wouldn't have been a problem if the netcode was superb and we didn't need offline practice, but...

2) Input latency over save state machine ? What, was this game developed in 2005 or something ? Nobody likes input latency. Nobody. I know how much easier it is to code, but us players don't give many fucks about that. Now, this wouldn't have been a problem if, like other devs, you included a way to select your opponents based on the ping, but...

3) There are no options in the online matchmaking menu. No region striking, no ping striking, no disconnect ratio striking, nothing. You just press A and hope you don't get matched against a ragequitting fury from the other side of the globe. This is such a big problem, in fact, that besides north america, no real community has been created to my knowledge. There will probably never be consequent injustice tournaments in Europe or Asia because regional communities do not have a motive to exist. Now, this wouldn't have been a problem if the offline content was worth the money, but...

4) If I save the world from an evil Superman, my reward is a raging demon father that will destroy the world ? An alien virus that will turn the good Superman evil ? If you didn't spend so much time coding 200+ missions that 2% of your player base will attempt, you may have been able to afford a legit single player mode with character-specific stories and not just character specific unsatisfactory slideshows with Gaea from God of War narrating 5 lines of text. It would have introduced lesser known DC characters' origin stories and universes like Ares' to the wide public and DC/WB would have given you cookies for this. Now, this would not have been a problem if we could grind the multiplayer mode with a smile on our face, but...

5) A one second long screen freeze, two ground bounces, a little getting back on your feet animation which is especially out of place when Batsy shouts 'stay down', a little victory taunt, and a 30 seconds long cinematic outro. And only then are you able to choose between 'rematch' and 'character select'. You spend at least 2 minutes between each match. Twice as much if you dare change one character, or the stage. You literally spend more time not playing than playing, in this game. That's just enough time for me to question my plans about buying your DLCs. By the time you're done reading this article, you would have played 2 matches tops. Now, this wouldn't have been a problem if there weren't countless other little problems, but...

6,7,...15) Disconnection rewards ragequitters. The frame data you provide is wrong. Cyborg has a... block infinite ?! Wtf is that ? Most ultimates aren't worth it and they definitely aren't character specific at all : one hit to confirm, and a cute little cinematic combo. Who the fuck is Killer Frost ?... The apparently third most important female villain of the DC universe pronounced a whopping 4 lines on television throughout her career, and she is a villain from the Starfire comics, which isn't even featured in this game. Where are replays ? Wonderman must be a quite shameful failure already, I won't be pushing it. But Raven ? Why do you allow input shortcuts in neutral situations, but not in combos ? To make them harder ? Then why do you impose the 'dial-a-combo' system which makes them easier at the very costly price of killing half of the hit confirm mechanic from your game ?

Your move, NRS. Good has a demo, probably a bigger one than you think. And this is a demo that wants you to conquer it.

Fellow TYMers, I let you decide the fate of this thread.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
If I had to rant about something, its the crappy state of sinestro.

That said, it makes wins with him so satisfying...

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Killer Frost is a Firestorm villain not a Starfire villain...

...jus' sayin'
Killer Frost is the second crummy version of Killer frost, who is the crummy villain of a crummy hero who had his comic book cancelled recently.

I have no idea why shes in this game. Can't be DC pushing it, if they cancel firestorm. Doubt its Boon... so many better females.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Some of this is on point. Some of it is just perfectionist crybaby warbling, and some of it is total inexperience with Vanilla versions of games (yes, infinities, glitches, and exploits are discovered and patched out. Frame data will be fixed. This game hasn't even been out a month).

Trekiros

Probably a lunatic
I used the 'angry fan' style with all its shameless bitching and hyperboles as a tool to make the thread funnier to read, I hope you guys realize it. But I did make a mistake by putting the least important/least legit remarks last. I forgot people usually only remember the finale, you have my apologies :V

That part was called 'little problems' for a reason. I couldn't care less about Wonderman's face, or Cyborg's soon to be patched infinite. They even add flavor to the game and some neat private jokes within da hood. Things like bad community management and sub-par netcode, however, are not good flavors to have.
But my badly emphasized thread didn't quite get this point right apparently.

Oh, yeah, and oops. My apologies to Firestorm's twenty fans.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I agree with you on #4, the endings were really depressing for the most part. And wtf did they give the ending for Nightwing to that obnoxious Damian skin!