What's new

In retrospect, which new MK9/X/11 char was an instant MK staple?

Which NRS Era Charcaters are already MK Staples?

• Cassie Cage

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Cetrion

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • D'Vorah

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Ferra/Torr

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Jacqui Briggs

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Kollector

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Kotal Kahn

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Skarlet

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Geras

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Takeda

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Tremor

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Kung Jin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cyber Sub-Zero

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Erron Black

Votes: 24 35.3%

• Total voters

skahwt

Noob
Cassie, D’vorah, Kotal Khan, and Geras are all staples. I love Skarlet and Ferra/Torr, but don’t think they have enough story and lore relevance (particularly the latter) to be considered staples.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Cassie, D’Vorah, Kotal and Skarlet all feel like big names in the franchise by this point and I can’t really see any of them sitting out two games in a row. Maybe Skarlet

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I guess it's just a different way of how we understand staple.

IMO the thread is about the staple in terms of even putting the character on the next MK cover. The character that you will show the picture to the casuals and they are like "Oh yea, I know this guy". Like a Scorpion/Sub-Zero level of recognition.

It's not about who we loved because of the impact in the story/gameplay/design.
If it's that - Then I'd definitely put D'Vorah, Kotal, Erron and even Takeda & Geras there. But I guess it was not the point at the very beginning.

If I'm right, then I stand by Cassie being the only one who can carry that burden.

Space Cadet

They shot our face, Johnny. They shot. Our FACE.
Cassie. I know I'm biased but hear me out.

She was perfect in MKX. She had a unique look, had her dad's sense of humor but her mother's heart and work ethic. This is how you do generations. She can stand out on her own, but was still clearly Johnny and Sonya's kid, and it felt like she was raised by them. I know people don't like guns and blah blah, but at the core of it, Cassie was a great character regardless of which faction she was part of. I think they missed the mark with her in 11 in too many ways (voice actor, no undercut, more preppy than she should be etc.,).

BUT, If Cassie does make it in MK1 as DLC, whether that's as a Kameo or a full character, I think they'll defo be able to bring that original MKX vision they had for her.
This in every way. Cassie in MKX is one of my favorites, and if they ever bring her back, they gotta bring her back to that. 11 really let her character down, lost all that sarcastic charm she had, and pretty much everything that made Cassie herself.