What's new

Important: Sheeva's BNB combo whiffs on Kitana and Mileena.

Espio

Kokomo
So I've been playing Sheeva quite a lot lately and having fun, I've been playing her since the game came out, but even more in the last 2 months, anywho I was practicing Sheeva's 2,1,2 forward 1 into grab in punch combo in tag practice and I happened to have Mileena and Kung Lao on the opposing team.

Sheeva's combo would always connect on Kung Lao, but the grab and punch portion on the combo would always whiff on Mileena. This got me to thinking, who else does this combo whiff on?

I went into the lab and tested the entire playable cast (with the exception of Freddy because I don't have him downloaded). My results show that one of Sheeva's best combos is ineffective on Kitana and Mileena UNLESS they are in the corner then it will not whiff.

I made a video to illustrate my findings and I was going to provide commentary, but I decided to spare everyone from my dreadful voice:p. I apologize for the weird noise my camera is making, I suggest muting it so as to avoid the annoyance. This video shows it whiffing on Kitana, I was going to include Mileena in it, but it seemed redundant.

Anywho, I've come up with some alternative suggestions for combos that do roughly the same damage(or a bit more) 1,2, back 1, 4 into grab n punch does 31% (34% with JIP) and 2,1,2 grab and punch, which does 25% (28% with JIP). Keep in mind the standard BNB works fine on everyone, but those two (and maybe Freddy, but I don't know since I can't test).

The reason why Sheeva players need to know this is because Mileena and Kitana are already unfavorable match ups for Sheeva and every percent can mean the difference between a victory and a loss. Mileena and Kitana are also prominent characers at tournaments that chances are, Sheeva mainers will undoubtedly have to deal with eventually.

NRS needs to know about this as well because if Sheeva is going to be in the next game, she needs to not have combos whiffing on certain characters, every combo should work on EVERY single character.

Also note: Not sure if this has been discussed or not, I didn't see a thread about it anywhere:).

For Kitanas and Mileenas I do 2,1,2,F1, Fireball. It does 28% with jump in punch or 25% without jip. The reason I still do 2,1,2,F1 against both the sisters is because if they block, the 1,2,B1 does only 4% chip and builds 3 ticks of meter. If they block the 2,1,2,F1 it does 7% chip plus builds 4 ticks of meter + meter for the command grab +meter for the blocked command grab + frame trap.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Strangely enough, Jeremiah and I also noticed the regular bnb does work if they wear the klassic costumes. This was awhile ago, so someone may want to re-confirm.

Espio

Kokomo
Thanks for all the replies guys, fireball is also a good idea, I forgot about that honestly.

I tried the classic skins for Kit and Mileena recently too, very odd that the properties of their hit boxes are diff.

Have you guys tried it on Human Cyrax, Human Sektor, and everyone else's classic costumes?

If not I might experiment with that tonight.

I have tried it as well online with a friend (Mileena player) and it does whiff.
The same with Sheeva's b2 1+2 to grab n punch as well.
Might be hitbox sensitive combos, dunno :(
Dang, Sheeva can't catch a break against Mileena and Kitana, good to know.

Enenra

Go to hell.
So the MK3 costume enlarges Mileena's hitbox?

Time to use the primary.
Don't be like that. I gotta deal with Sub's big ass hitbox ALL the time, you can deal with her normal one with MK3. The primary costume's hitbox is bull :p

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
Don't be like that. I gotta deal with Sub's big ass hitbox ALL the time, you can deal with her normal one with MK3. The primary costume's hitbox is bull :p
I think your 2 frame special and fast down four make up for that!;)