What's new

Idea for a guest character.

I bought the Red Sonja comic package last week on Humble Bundle to celebrate her 50th anniversary. I've been reading her comics since then.

Red Sonja appeared in 1973 in Conan the Barbarian for the first time and since then she has her own series.

She is a fearsome warrior, a outlaw, mercenary and queen that fight for justice. When she was a child, her mother wanted her to be a women who married a wealthy guy and start a family. But Sonja didn't want it, and wanted to go hunt with her father and older brothers. One day her father decided to take her on a hunt. On the hunt, they got ambushed by bandits. She got away, but her family got murdered.

She started to learn how to hunt, fight and become a warrior, to fight and kill the people who where responsible after the attacks on her tribe.

Red Sonja became a legendary warrior, feared by many. I think she makes a good quest character in Mortal Kombat. Not only her appearance, but also her fighting skills and personality. Who agree with me? Time to send the developer a message, maybe they like the idea aswell.

And she behead a lot of enemies, perfect for nice fatalities.

She is also placed number one most sexiest comic female on comics best buyers/gamespot.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
She would be amazing, but we all know they'd remove her cleavage, abs and of course, we won't see any thigh. She's better off being used in SF6 where she'll be allowed to be buff and sexy.

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
She could certainly work, although I'm not sure she'd have the brand recognition to be able to be a guest character. I'd think if they went the sword/sorcery character route they'd go with Xena.

She would be amazing, but we all know they'd remove her cleavage, abs and of course, we won't see any thigh. She's better off being used in SF6 where she'll be allowed to be buff and sexy.
To be honest, I get what you are saying and I hate it aswell. But it is what it is, I can keep complaining about it, but it won't change a thing. I would rather focus on the good stuff, rather on the bad stuff.

She could certainly work, although I'm not sure she'd have the brand recognition to be able to be a guest character. I'd think if they went the sword/sorcery character route they'd go with Xena.
There is also magic in the Conan universe, but Red Sonja doesn't wield magic herself. But she does have bow and sword skills, which make her dangerous from distance to close range. She also have high skills in nature, and hunter skills.

Quite the throwback character design.
I'm reading a comic where Red Sonja saves a other women. She asks why Red Sonja is wearing a revealing outfit. She says that she think it distract her opponents. I'm not so far reading her comics, but it seems she is still a virgin. It's also revealed that Red Sonja will only share a bed with a male, if he can beat her. But I still have much to read.

One thing is for sure, she makes use of her outfit.

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
There is also magic in the Conan universe, but Red Sonja doesn't wield magic herself. But she does have bow and sword skills, which make her dangerous from distance to close range. She also have high skills in nature, and hunter skills.
Gameplay she's a fit for sure, I just don't know if she has enough broad appeal.

I'm reading a comic where Red Sonja saves a other women. She asks why Red Sonja is wearing a revealing outfit. She says that she think it distract her opponents. I'm not so far reading her comics, but it seems she is still a virgin. It's also revealed that Red Sonja will only share a bed with a male, it he can beat her. But I still have much to read.

It's hard though, because it's not like she's an actual real person with agency. She's a representative of what someone writes for her and how she's drawn. That panel above seems a bit like an author is trying to provide their character with some cover, trying to pre-emptively cut off criticism. Sounds like the Gail Simone run handles things a bit better. That version could be cool.