What's new

Strategy Ice bomb into throw set ups?

Flagg

Noob
So i've been trying to play around with CSZ and finding ways of using his bombs in mini traps.

If you're attacking the opponent and hit them with a jp, then F221 into medium bomb, you can dash and grab them and "trap" them as the bomb goes off, freezing them. Dont tech roll, but I find you can dash when you get up and then 34, dash, B22, slide for 34% (the window is quite small but you can still get 27% if you just 34 into slide). With the chip damage from jp and the F221, this does 39% in all.

Now this is not a guaranteed trap and I was trying this online last night with a bit of success, for instance, im pretty sure the recovery of the bomb allows the opponent to attack you and get out of the way of the bomb if their reactions are fast enough. I also tried going for a jp into throw after the bomb which works (if they are blocking) and you can also B22 into medium bomb instead of the F221, then dash in for a quick throw (but you get slightly less chip damage).

Of course the opponent can jump back or jump over you, blowing you up.

But I feel if you do land this once, you can set up one or two mind games as the next time you do this, they may expect the same thing and you can mix it up with a parry if you expect them to rush or jp you, or dive kick if they jump back, or you could dash back and hit a slide if they dash forward, etc.

I know this is a bit of a gimmicky thread, and maybe something like this has been discussed/tried before or maybe there are more guaranteed ways of landing this and reducing their options to counter, but if you manage to land that throw, you're guaranteed decent damage.

*If they aren't blocking when you throw them, they wont freeze when the bomb explodes unfortunately.