What's new

Match-up Discussion I need some raiden mu experience

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
im not really sure how to play the mu, i can't really zone him and the teleport can blow u up, so what do i do?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You have to figure out when the Raiden player likes to teleport. If they're the type that likes to walk back and teleport as soon as you get in and press a button then you can dash block in and instead of attacking wait for the teleport then punish with 2,1(tight window) or more easily d+3 into pressure. Also take note of what they like to do after a teleport for when you don't have time for a punish. If they're teleporting out of pressure then you have to start throwing. Throw beats teleport.

I like to jump around like an idiot in this MU. Well actually I do that in all MU but it's especially good in this. The Raiden player will have trouble reacting to you to teleport while also dealing with the jump ins. Raiden's strings are really bad on whiff too so when you jump over them it's easy blow up.

Axel_Redd

You have to figure out when the Raiden player likes to teleport. If they're the type that likes to walk back and teleport as soon as you get in and press a button then you can dash block in and instead of attacking wait for the teleport then punish with 2,1(tight window) or more easily d+3 into pressure. Also take note of what they like to do after a teleport for when you don't have time for a punish. If they're teleporting out of pressure then you have to start throwing. Throw beats teleport.

I like to jump around like an idiot in this MU. Well actually I do that in all MU but it's especially good in this. The Raiden player will have trouble reacting to you to teleport while also dealing with the jump ins. Raiden's strings are really bad on whiff too so when you jump over them it's easy blow up.
are u saying throw them before they teleport or after, cuz i know throw beats teleports invincibility but you'd have to guess when they are gonna teleport. couldn't u try to throw them after too if they are likely to block.

Also isn't jumping like crazy a death sentence if they decide to start doing supermans?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm saying throw them before they teleport. You have to guess. You have no choice in this MU.

No because it's just superman. If that's their AA I'd keep jumping.

Axel_Redd

I'm saying throw them before they teleport. You have to guess. You have no choice in this MU.

No because it's just superman. If that's their AA I'd keep jumping.
k. I gotta keep working on that IASB too, especially the ex version.