What's new

I have an idea for a tutorial.

Hey guys, its been a while since I have posted over here. Hope everything has been going fine and dandy. I was playing a little while ago and thought of a pretty cool idea for a tutorial. It consists of highlighting the sweet spots right before the corners. You know, as close as you can get without activating pushback. It could be done for all stages, left and right side of the screen. This would help out players a pretty good bit.

Also on a side note, I have noticed that if a new guy comes in here and asks a question that has been asked numerous times or something you would think is common knowledge, he seems to get the sh!t end of the stick. When you guys do this, you are only hurting the growth of the game and site. Cause let's face it, there isn't anything new happening in umk3. :2cents:

oBryant

Noob
Hey guys, its been a while since I have posted over here. Hope everything has been going fine and dandy. I was playing a little while ago and thought of a pretty cool idea for a tutorial. It consists of highlighting the sweet spots right before the corners. You know, as close as you can get without activating pushback. It could be done for all stages, left and right side of the screen. This would help out players a pretty good bit.

Also on a side note, I have noticed that if a new guy comes in here and asks a question that has been asked numerous times or something you would think is common knowledge, he seems to get the sh!t end of the stick. When you guys do this, you are only hurting the growth of the game and site. Cause let's face it, there isn't anything new happening in umk3. :2cents:
i was working on a video tutorial that coverd all of shocks tutorial but in video with a lot of examples but then i quit cus i dont know how to explain damage protection n stuff... and i ran out of ideas and stuff

Droopy

Noob
Haha...i dont think you really got scheisse's point besides we have alot of vid tutorials, even better vids of matchups between great players and their tactics, you cant really teach something like that in tutorial so matchups definitely do help.

oBryant

Noob
Haha...i dont think you really got scheisse's point besides we have alot of vid tutorials, even better vids of matchups between great players and their tactics, you cant really teach something like that in tutorial so matchups definitely do help.
umm.. matchup videos dont really do anything for noobs dude..and ive never seen a video tutorial on here..

I couldn't agree more. There's not enough action in the umk3 forum to be dismissing questions just because they've already been asked. It shouldn't really bother anyone, and some people like answering questions regardless how often they've been asked.

As for your idea on the corner tutorial, my personal opinion is that is something a player has to learn for themself. There are also different spots you need to be in for different combos, and different capabilities with the same character for different combos (such as kabal, 2 afbs easy, 3 very difficult, stryker has a giant radius and different combos depending on placement). To make the spots for each character in each situation would be ridiculous. On top of that, the opportunity one has to manuever someone into the very sweetest spot in the corner is minimal with most characters, it's more the type of thing that if you got it, awesome, but you can not force it with most characters in most situations.

Maybe it would be helpful though just to show the closest you can possibly get to the corner, I don't know.

I couldn't agree more. There's not enough action in the umk3 forum to be dismissing questions just because they've already been asked. It shouldn't really bother anyone, and some people like answering questions regardless how often they've been asked.

As for your idea on the corner tutorial, my personal opinion is that is something a player has to learn for themself. There are also different spots you need to be in for different combos, and different capabilities with the same character for different combos (such as kabal, 2 afbs easy, 3 very difficult, stryker has a giant radius and different combos depending on placement). To make the spots for each character in each situation would be ridiculous. On top of that, the opportunity one has to manuever someone into the very sweetest spot in the corner is minimal with most characters, it's more the type of thing that if you got it, awesome, but you can not force it with most characters in most situations.

Maybe it would be helpful though just to show the closest you can possibly get to the corner, I don't know.
I know what you mean man. I was thinking more along the line of corner setups after moves such as h.smoke's spear, kabal's spin, sindel's scream etc.

Yeah I suppose if you are ready and willing to make this tutorial it definitely won't hurt, but I think you're asking for someone else to make it. Am I right?

Yeah I suppose if you are ready and willing to make this tutorial it definitely won't hurt, but I think you're asking for someone else to make it. Am I right?
Yeah man, not me. :lol: I really don't have the time(or the knowledge) to do it. If someone was to do it. Maybe they could do character specifics. Then later on they could be added in with the strategy guides. Just a thought...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
People should use the search function though, that is a must, generally if a question is asked an a mod gets to it or someone who knows about and already existing thread, they link to it so the discussion can continue there. There is no reason to have 5 or 6 threads about Reptile Juggles or getting Human Smoke's 3 hit pop up to be unblockable.

I am interested in working on tutorials with people, but I am not interested in actually making the videos.

oBryant

Noob
People should use the search function though, that is a must, generally if a question is asked and a mod gets to it or someone who knows about an already existing thread, they link to it so the discussion can continue there. There is no reason to have 5 or 6 threads about Reptile Juggles or getting Human Smoke's 3 hit pop up to be unblockable.

I am interested in working on tutorials with people, but I am not interested in actually making the videos.
im currently working on videos tutorials for the basic stuff right now.. Run jabs, kara jabs, combos, juggles, easy stuff.. then ill go into detail with each character.. ugh this is going to take fore ever.. ded mind if i borrow some combos off a vid? just cus i cant do em..

Tim Static

Adminerator
Seriously, a whole series of tutorial vids would be awesome, and would make the UMK.com wiki section alot better too.

Heck, call them UMK3 for dummies, and have a video for every character, etc.

oBryant

Noob
Seriously, a whole series of tutorial vids would be awesome, and would make the UMK.com wiki section alot better too.

Heck, call them UMK3 for dummies, and have a video for every character, etc.
great name thanx tim im going to use that if you dont mind..