What's new

Video/Tutorial How to Fight Doomsday - Video

cyke_out

Noob
Nice video, but it just assumes you're gonna be standing still waiting for Doomsday to throw out something unsafe for you to punish. And this works versus low level players. But if you attempt to just wait against someone good, they'll use that chance to just get close to you anyway.

Several of those counters to doomsday also has counters. If you start back dashing after a body splash, DD can scout it and use Venom charge to punish your dash. DD can MBC his strings when the opponent proves himself able to poke you out of them is another tactic to make you fear pushing buttons. His Venom charge can be a frame trap, as he can activate meter burn very late, so if you try to punish the normal venom charge, he can hit you out of your reversal. This will make the opponent think twice before punishing the normal version and gives DD almost a safe meterless way to approach. Supernova should really only be used as a way to counter zoning and not just thrown out to close the gap.

It's still a good video and very informative and much needed information for people not quite sure how deal with Doomsday, my point is just things aren't so cut and dry, and simply because a move can be punished doesn't make that move any less useful as long as it's used at the right time and situation.

VOR

Noob
meter burn b3 or f3 to blow up mb shoulder charge if you get a faster reaction than mb pushblock needs. if infrit can do it on wednesday night fights, so can you, maybe? haha. doomsday is all momentum and being decisive about whatever mixup and movement you're going for. I still think he has decent tools in the hands of the right player. I don't see him as S or A tier, maybe high B. I will always play him though because because I love the character since he's a better Baraka lol.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Yeah this is the thing that's tricky for me.. Waking up in the corner. I know part of it is that I'm still adjusting to the wake-up timing in Injustice, which is a bit different than MK. But a lot of times it seems like wakeups and wakeup backdashes don't come out and you end up eating another d1~earth shake or full combo.

Maybe I'm trying to wake up too early out of an untechable knockdown? But if you do it later, it fails anyway and you just eat the next attack.
Dude, 90% of the wake ups in this game are ass. Almost every wakeup in the game can get stuffed by a meaty attack. And all of Doomsdays attacks are meaty LOL. So if Doomsday has you in the corner he can just keep spamming that ground pound that goes from overhead to low, and it will constantly keep beating all your wakeups. So that means you actually have to block the whole move high to low, which can be tricky timing online

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
I create videos too guys. Please subscribe :) please I need more subscribers on youtube. I'm posting combo vids and strategy vids. It would be greatly appreciated if you can. You could also request a combo if you need me to find one for your character. I'll be incorporating different characters, combos, an traits in these vids.

BTW I'm getting back in to making sigs.

Youtube: Strat10100
Facebook: DreadzTsung
Twitter: DreadzTsung

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!

Hope it helps. Just a guide on a few things.

EDIT: I forgot to talk about the body splash in the first video! Here it is though:

I know that this isn't the place to ask, but I am desperate. In MK I am playing the whole cast cause I really love the game and I like injustice and I want to learn every single character. The problem I have is in the button configuration. In MK when you press 1+3, it comes out throw( the same in injustice). And then you have even a throw button. Some characters like Aquaman, Domsday, Black Adam in injustice have strings that include 1+3. My button layout is 1 sqare , 2 triangle, 3 circle ,4 special. Like that I feel most comfortable. It would be good if you could press trow instead of 1+3. Let say B23U1+3. You can't do B23Uthrow. Whyyyyyy in hell. I don't feel comfortable letting go of the pad(i play on a pad) just to press 1+3. Any advice? Anyone? I don't want change my layouts.