What's new

How the heck do you reliable stop throws?

Chengler

Milky Holmes
Here I am, winning but on the floor. A deathstroke player starts dashing in, unmistakably to throw me.

I start mashing D1 to poke him out or stop him, but he does it anyway.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Tech them. You tech the throw by pressing 1+3 as you're being thrown. A pro tip is react to the camera slightly zooming in. Practice teching throws in training mode, it will help.

Chengler

Milky Holmes
Tech them. You tech the throw by pressing 1+3 as you're being thrown. A pro tip is react to the camera slightly zooming in. Practice teching throws in training mode, it will help.
I swear in MK9 you could do that just by pressing any button?

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
When you knock your opponent down, you can throw them before any normal will hit so you can't poke out of a throw when your knocked down. and to break throws you have to hit the throw button when they grab you.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I swear in MK9 you could do that just by pressing any button?
Well this isn't MK9, it's Injustice. And in MK9 it was a guessing game. If they did a forward throw you had to press a certain button to break, if they did a back throw you had to press a different specific button. The problem was that there was no inclination on which throw was being performed, so you had to guess. The teching system in Injustice is much much better.