What's new

How should I play as CSZ?

TogetherLemon

Robot Blueberry
I've been playing as Cyber Sub for a little while, nekropolis says i have 9 hours as him, and I honestly just feel like im playing him wrong. People say he is a rushdown/zoner. I was just hoping that someone could clarify what this actually means... im new to fighting games so you will have to explain most of your terminology. I tend to sit back and wait for people to come to me, so if they are being aggressive i can use ice parry, and i usually try to counter them when they jump by dive kicking. When people play defensive, I usually don't know what to do other than cast ice bombs and ice balls...

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Zoner: Character who is good at keeping others away (Noob saibot, Ermac) Typically, they arent very good close range
Rushdown: Characters who are good at agressive face to face combat.

I would classify CSZ as a rushdown because from full screen, you cant really do damage. The bombs arent that great at full screen, his ice ball is very slow, his teleport is very slow.
You gain proximity by dive kicking forward.

When you get better at CSZ, you will notice that you use his 3,3 and 3,4 attacks the most
NB: 1 = (square, X), 2 = (triangle, Y), 3 = (X, A), 4 = (circle, B)

When you get better at CSZ, you will opt more for bomb traps instead. CSZ doesnt have VERY high damaging combos but his strength lies in the frequency at which he can land the little 20-30% dmg combos.

When I play CSZ, I am very aggressive. I'm always up in people's faces and use my parry when i know a wake up is coming
If someone is zoning you, then a trick is to teleport and quickly do a parry. Many people will uppercut or jump and kick so you will hit them

Hope this helps!
Welcome to the boards and to fighters!

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
He is not a simple character for sure.
In the Cbyer SUb Zero section you can find a tutorial video made by Pig and it is very useful.

By zoner people mean that if the char stays out of the opponents range could be very effective, like Shang Tsung.
Csz is not this type truly but an anti zoner, he can punish many zoners with his divekicks and with a good read.
He can be used for zoning with the help of his bars (ex freeze is fast and good) or he can use bombs not for zoning in the
classical meaning, but for space controlling, making your opp go wherever you want him to go, or react as you would like to.
Mindgames.

By rushdown they mean being in the face and constantly attacking from up close is the best, well Csz is very good here mostly because
he is one of the fastest characters in the game and he have a few very high damaging combos, great mixups. Mixups are set of moves
that will not connect as a combo, but most likely will make your opponent fail to defend against or counter so you can get a hit. Best if it involves
low, mid, and overhead attacks and Csz can mix them up perfeclty, with the addon of unblockable bombs.

There is one very important thing about him, that you need to watch out for your energy bar, for him it is nearly as important as his lifebar.
If you have 3bars you are sleeping. Or being scared. But you need to have at bars at least around 2 for a breaker, because of that he is so
energy bar depending he can be very fragile if not managed correctly. Still an ex-freeze or an ex-divekick can do a lot for you in the right time,
an ex-parry as a wakeup is just great, if you are sure you won't waste it. Ex-divekick can simply get you out from a corner and get your opp into one giving him a hard time.
Use his x-ray only if you need unbreakable damage and you are on the brink of death at the last round, but he can do much more with 3 specials, or 1 special and a breaker in hand.

Learn his combos, juggles, bomb cancels, you can find them in Pig-s tutorial, or in the stickied combo and juggle thread. There are many videos about this too. Do his mixups, and what is important know all of his options by heart, and always have the answer for a situation, this way he will be a horror, fast and deadly.
Good luck with him, and hope you will learn a lot here. ^^

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Zoner: Keep people out, projectiles.
Rushdown: Pressure, mix-ups.
Thats the jist.

What you should do as CSZ is pressure people and mix them up with 33,34,2,21,211+2,njp, slide and ice parry. Use Dive kick to punish projectiles when possible, ice parry for jump ins.

Keep in mind that 33 chains into ex freeze, that is a very useful tool.

Honestly it would be easier for me to just show you and talk to you. Do you have Xbox?

But if not, hope everyone and my posts helps you out man.