What's new

How do you think Story Mode will work?

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Even though you probably won't care to play more than once... A big story has been confirmed a bunch of times, do you think it will work similarly to MK9's story mode? Or maybe every character has a separate story that blends together, so that each character can have a place in the Story.

Think it will be cinematic or comic book art style, I expect cinematic, but I think still comic book styled pages would be cool.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I don't know about anyone else, but I loved the MK vs. DC Story. They did a great job with that and MK9's Story Mode. So I can't wait to see this one, I hope Batman has alot of game time. I love Batman.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Really cool idea
That was one of my few big gripes with MK9 Story Mode: It only gave you a few choice characters to test drive, and there was no legitimate training mode like there was in MKDA/MKD with Konquest - which, whether 3D was hated by the majority of MK players or not, was one of the best ideas they ever had as far as incorporating learning the game AND playing through its depths simultaneously - they just threw you in with whoever the chapter was based on and wished you luck.

I say do both. Build a Story Mode as in-depth as MK9, and a training mode as individual-character-focused and from-the-ground-up instructional as MKDA.
The MK9 tutorial made me wanna kick alien babies.